Seal spotted on the Hudson/Rondout Creek yesterday

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2010
      A baby seal was in the Rondout Creek, Kingston NY yesterday:

      http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles/2010/03/09/news/doc4b95adb567ad9375840414.txt#

      Going to try for a "seal watch" paddle today.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10, 2010

        The baby Artic Seal is still in the Rondout Creek today wed 3/10  just west of the kayak launch under the suspension bridge, so I was able to get my own pics. The creek was still iced up from the suspension bridge westward so it isn't possible to paddle to...but it is easily spotted just North of block island from the walkway they are building along the Rondout on the Kingston side.

        --- On Wed, 3/10/10, Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...

        A baby seal was in the Rondout Creek, Kingston NY yesterday:

        http://www.dailyfre eman.com/ articles/ 2010/03/09/ news/doc4b95adb5 67ad9375840414. txt

        Going to try for a "seal watch" paddle today.

      • rr3in3
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2010
          Do post pix!

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2010
            Hi Rachael,  The video clip in todays poughkeepsie journal has a really nice clip of the seal at the beginning, and Marion Zimmer is the third person interviewed in the video clip. Just go to the POK J. front page at, and scroll down a bit to the video at:
            :
            http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/

            He/she seems to like the ice west of the old bridge...so it may be around for a few days.
            Diane
            > Artic Seal is still in the Rondout Creek today wed 3/10  just west of the kayak
            > launch under the suspension bridge, so I was able to get my own pics. The creek was still iced up from the suspension bridge westward so it isn't possible to paddle to...but it is easily spotted just North of block island from the walkway they are building along the Rondout on the Kingston side.
            >

            > --- On Wed, 3/10/10, Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@. ..

            > A baby seal was in the Rondout Creek, Kingston NY yesterday:
            >
            > http://www.dailyfre eman.com/ articles/ 2010/03/09/ news/doc4b95adb5 67ad9375840414. txt
            >
            > Going to try for a "seal watch" paddle today.

          • animalwriter1
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 16, 2010
              So sorry the baby seal died, stated in Daily Freeman News.
               :(
              Something obviously wrong with it.