Fw: Attempt to Access Damage at Bannerman's Castle...Trip Report

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2009

    --- On Thu, 12/31/09, Tom Galvin <thebaldguyd@...> wrote:

    From: Tom Galvin <thebaldguyd@...>
    Subject: Fw: Attempt to Access Damage...Trip Report
    To: "Tom Galvin" <thebaldguyd@...>
    Date: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 10:27 AM

    --- On Thu, 12/31/09, Tom Galvin <thebaldguyd@...> wrote:

    From: Tom Galvin <thebaldguyd@...>
    Subject: Attempt to Access Damage...Trip Report
    To: "Tom Galvin" <thebaldguyd@...>
    Date: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 10:11 AM

    It was a great day on the water. Although we couldn't get up close for the pics we were hoping for. I scouted out the Beacon area. Not good. Ray checked out CS. Foundry Cove also frozen in. Ray called me and said, Dockside only had thin ice and he would start breaking that up for a launch. I was a little hesitant after looking at all the ice as I was going over the NB bridge and what I saw in Beacon.
    Ray doesn't quit. He convinced me it would be an adventure similar to when he crossed the Adriatic Sea from Croatia to Italy. I was still concerned about heavy ice moving into the area we launched from. But it was actually better when we got back. Just a little re-frozen thin ice. I played ice breaker so as not to damage Ray's racing boat.
    Too cold to get out of my dry suit there, so I made a call and changed at Mountain Tops Outfitters and went across the street for a big mug of hot chocolate at the the Bank Square coffee shop. A good ending of a great day. Thanks Ray!

  • waltgorgas@aol.com
    Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2009
      I have much better equipment for ice and snow.  Its called skis.

      The dry suit would be fine for pond skimming in the spring.

      [Attachment(s) from Diane Dintruff included below]