Walkway Opening (lanterns & fireworks tonight; POK regatta sat am; pm events continue rest of SAt & sun)

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2009
      The front page of todays Daily Freeman has the walkway events and here is the link:

      http://walkway.org/dynamic.php?id=events

      Unfortuantely, the weather forecaste is not good: 30% chance of rain tonight and 60% tomorrow.  So I'm not making any definate plans until I see how the weather turns out and I hear that others are definately paddling since I'm feeling a little under the weather today.

      I think the Clearwater/Quiet Cove site is the best bet to launch without traffic hassles (Clearwater Drive off 9W):

      http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=105353159545017884560.00046bdbae3f38a73493b&t=h&z=13

    • RACHAELE RAYNOFF
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2009
        Thanks Diane. I have an awful cold so I'm staying put and will see when there are fewer crowds. Maybe when foliage is at its most colorful.