New poll for KingstonPaddlePals

  • KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26 1:52 PM
      KingstonPaddlePals group:

      Is anyone interested in paddling Tivoli Bay either
      Saturday, April 19 and/or Sunday, April 20? This would be a paddle in conjunction with the folks on the Paddling.net message board: 2008 Hudson River "Mild & Wild tour"

      (You don't have to firm up a commitment, this is just "a show of hands."

      o Saturday April 19... I might go
      o Sunday April 20... I might go
      o Either day works for me
      o No way...I'm waiting for warmer weather
      o Neither day works for me
      o Not interested in Tivoli Bay

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2008
        KingstonPaddlePals group:

        Who would take a CPR course if one was set up?
        The course would take 30-45 minutes to teach adult and child CPR. You would receive a kit with an inflatable mannequin, a book, and extra set of lungs, and a DVD to take home and practice. Currently the kit costs $30 but there is some chance we can get some of the cost covered by a mini grant. The course would be taught by Marge Gagnon, RN,of the Rose Woman's Care Service.

        o I am interested in learning CPR, and would pay $30
        o I am interested in learning CPR, but would need cost reduced
        o I am NOT interested in learning CPR

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2009
          KingstonPaddlePals group:

          Would you like to join us at Wappinger's Uno's Pizza at 6pm before launching to view four fireworks displays from Beacon Harbor: 1)Newburg's fireworks barge, and fireworks displays from 2) Beacon Park, 3) Cold Springs, and 4) West Point? We want to leave Uno's by 7:30, launch from the Beacon Train Station around 8, possibly get in a short paddle over to demings point in the direction of Bannerman's Castle or around the bridge before the fireworks start around 9:30.

          o Yes
          o No need to respond "No"

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 15, 2010
            KingstonPaddlePals group:

            Who is interested in forming a "pod" to participate in NYC's "City of Water" Day? Organizers are discouraging individuals or small groups from doing it on their own.I have registered KingstonPaddlePals as an Alliance Partner and was told to arrange with a boathouse for launching. Here is link to info that I hope will work (if not, google "City of Water" Day:
            CITY OF WATER DAY
            On July 24, 2010 this exciting event will be held simultaneously on Governors Island & Liberty State Park .
            Last year we attracted over 10,000 visitors. This year we expect to substantially exceed that amazing number.
            Would you like to participate with us this year in any way?
            A. For the event description, and to table, demonstrate, volunteer, or participate in any way click on this.

            o Interested
            o Not interested
            o Maybe

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 15, 2010
              KingstonPaddlePals group:

              Who is interested in forming a "pod" to participate in NYC's "City of Water" Day? Organizers are discouraging individuals or small groups from doing it on their own.I have registered KingstonPaddlePals as an Alliance Partner and was told to arrange with a boathouse for launching and they would like approximate numbers. Here is link to info that I hope will work (if not, google "City of Water" Day): CITY OF WATER DAY On July 24, 2010 this exciting event will be held simultaneously on Governors Island & Liberty State Park . Last year we attracted over 10,000 visitors. This year we expect to substantially exceed that amazing number. Would you like to participate with us this year in any way? A. For the event description, and to table, demonstrate, volunteer, or participate in any way click on this.

              o Interested
              o Not interested
              o Maybe

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 20, 2010
                KingstonPaddlePals group:

                Are you interested in exploring Jamaican Bay? Sat 7/17/10 Rain or Shine Sebago Canoe Club's � All Club Invitational� What is the all club invitational? Kind of like the kayaker's jamboree but including sail boats, rowing shells, etc. FREE gathering of Human Powered boaters on Jamaica Bay , NYC. Jamaica Bay encompasses over 16,000 acres of islands, salt marshes, beaches, duck marshes and is teeming with wildlife. There will be guided trips or you can enjoy the Bay on your own. They would like a rough head count by 6/28 to plan for parking, food, etc...so if you are interested please respond to the poll that I'm about to create. Here is the link:
                http://www.sebagocanoeclub.org/All-Club-Invitational-2010.html

                o Interested
                o Not interested
                o Maybe