Winter Plans

  • mazeeyah
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi group,

      Sadly, I have put my kayak away for the winter - too cold for me.

      Anyone interested in walking/hiking to keep in shape for next season.

      Three events are upcoming:

      Sunday, November 4th (ADK event)

      Sun Nov 4 Ferncliff Forest.,
      Rhinebeck..
      C+

      Enjoy a Sunday afternoon 2-hour walk in the woods Climb a 60-foot
      newly restored observation tower with great views of the Hudson
      River, Catskills, etc.! Bring water and a light snack. Hiking
      boots or sturdy trail shoes recommended. RAIN CANCELS, but hike
      could be rescheduled. Optional: After hike, join leader for
      refreshment at a low cost restaurant in Rhinebeck.For meeting time
      and carpool location call leader. Salley Decker (454-4206 evenings
      until 10:00 PM or mornings until 10:00 AM). Approximate meeting
      time will be 12:45 PM in Poughkeepsie.

      (1:15 at the River Road Parking lot in Rhinebeck)

      Saturday, November 10 Bear Mtn Walkabout (ADK event)
      Suggested for those new to hiking but open to all.

      We will walk across the Bear Mountain Bridge, and two bridges
      crossing the Popolopen Creek, while enjoying the Trailside Museum
      (nominal charge,) Fort Montgomery Museum (nominal charge if you
      choose to enter,) Hessian Lake, the Inn-skating rink-carousel area,
      and Hudson River boat docks. Bring lunch, water, and sturdy
      footwear. Please note that extreme heights will be encountered on
      the bridges. Meet at 9:00 am, Route 9D, just north of the Bear Mt.
      Bridge. Leader: Lou Ruidisch III Phone (845) 896-9332 or
      LER3rd@...

      Saturday, November 17th Sidewalk Scramble 10 am
      Meet at the Town of Esopus Library Parking lot, 128 Canal St, Port
      Ewen.

      Walk the new 9W sidewalks through Port Ewen. Town historian, Anne
      Gordon will highlight the history of the area as we go. Side trips
      possible. Refreshments after at the Library.

      We can arrange car pools - let me know

      Marion 338-2239