Response to recent emails...

  • ddintruff@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
      1)  Kayaks will NOT be provided for individuals without boats this year at the Esopus Lighthouse paddle due to funding constraits (see attached note)
      2)  Sunday June 7 is a "Decks & Dock Tour" of the Esopus, a fundraiser for the Esopus Bend Conservancy (raindate June 14). Check link for cost.
      3) Correction to tentative Great Hudson River Paddle Dates: kayakers arrive in Saugerties August 10; Kingston August 11; and Cold Springs & the water fight August 14.  This could change...it's still a couple of months away.  I'll pass along the final schedule.
      4) I know the canoeing group that you are referring to...I've gone on paddles with them in the past...they usually send me a flyer, but I haven't received one this year and I can't even remember their name.    If anyone hears from the group that provides canoes for and tours of wetlands (Tivoli Bays, Ramshead, constitution marsh, etc.)  would you please let group know their name and possibly the schedule of their paddles?

      DD

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
        Diane,

        The HRNERR provides the free canoe trips.  Although I have not yet received my postcard of the schedule, two friends (one in Albany, and one in Acton, MA) have received theirs.

        You can call (845) 889-4745 ext 106 or Laurie Fila at ext.107.  That's the office at Norrie State Park.  The web site is HRNERR@...

        I did not pass on this information to anyone except for you, but feel free to do so.

        Salley

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
          Diane, The group that does the canoe tours is thru the DEC and NERR( national estuary research reserve or something similiar).                    Steve

          aconeski@scenichuds on.org