walkill launch sights

  • laura&craig every
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2009
      I know of a couple of spots that will get you closer to New Paltz, the DEC has a very nice sight with lots of parking and a dock on springtown Rd. in Tillson, it is probably about 2 miles south of the Tillson fire house. Another spot in on Mountainrest Rd. Take Springtown south until it end's on Mountainrest, go left about 100 yards and follow the gravel rd. to the river. This spot is owned by the village of New Paltz and has plenty of parking, it has a steep drop to the water, but I've seen kayakers use it almost daily in the summer. This sight will put you just a couple 100 yards north of the regatta.
      Have Fun, Craig