Re: Anyone know of any puts closer to New Paltz than the covered bridge?

  • Ivan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2009
      --- In KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com, ddintruff@... wrote:

      > I'd like to paddle the new Paltz Regatta next Sunday, but I've heard numerous stories about how horredeous the traffic is that day.   So, I didn't want to use the New Paltz launch and was considering launching from Perrine's bridge...is there a Walkill launch between New Paltz and Perrrine's bridge so I don't have to paddle so far to watch the REgatta and avoid car jams?
      >
      > If you're interested...
      > I'm finding the google map maker application to be easier than words sometimes to point out launches:
      >
      >  http://www.google.com/mapmaker
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Diane

    • John Walters
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2009
        Diane,

        Below is a link to the DEC web site list of boat launches in Ulster County.  There is one on Springtown Rd. on the Wallkill River.  It is a floating dock that I would bet the DEC removes for winter.  I don't know when they would re-install it.  The parking lot is small and there is a DEC sign on the road marking the launch.

        Below is a link to a paddle I did from the floating dock in 2005.  The map is not the best but it should give you an idea where the launch is.

        Hope that helps.