Great Swamp Sat 4/18/09 @ 10 am...Map link & Google Map/GPS Locator Information

  • ddintruff@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16 11:02 AM
      Wonderful...see you there. Weather forecast is looking good; I hope others will decide to join us (the CT group has an RSVP so far of 8). The Great Swamp is most interesting early in the spring when it's the most flooded.

      Here is the link to DEC Great Swamp Map (Also available in KPP Launch links and files):

      • http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/permits_ej_operations_pdf/greatswamp2.pdf

      Here is Address for School Offices across Street from launch for GPS and/or obtaining Google Map time and distance estimates from your starting location:

      • 81 South Street, Patterson, NY

      Adding google map mileage to directions from I84:

      • From Interstate 84, take the Patterson exit #18  (This is east of the Taconic Pkwy. & west of I-684)
      •  Follow Rt. 311 north (left) into the hamlet of Patterson...4.3 miles
      •  Turn right onto South St .  (Look for Burke's Pub on left.)
      •   Follow South St.  .4 miles to the Carmel School District Administration Bldg. on your right.  Launch is across the street, across RR tracks and down a narrow bumpy road .7 miles. (Note: Sandy will wait at this intersection until about 9:30). Launch is very easy (shallow, grassy-muddy) .
      • 10 am meet-up at the launch.  Please leave room close to launch for dropping off kayaks/canoes.

      (From the Freer Beach in Port Ewen, google map estimates: one hour, 10 minutes drive)

      See you Saturday