Norwalk Islands--Kayaker Jamboree planning message board

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2009
      Last year several of us paddled the Norwalk Islands and had an absolutely wonderful time (see KingstonPaddlePals photo album).  While we were down there we heard about a Kayakers Jamboree that was held on the islands (clam & oyster bakes, etc).  Currently discussions for the 2009 Kayakers Jamboree are taking place on the Stamford Meet-up group message board and they have requested help in selecting a date:

      "Picking a date for Kayaker Jamboree (please help)

      I know we are projecting far into the future (and most kayakers barely now where they will paddle three days from now), but I need to settle onto a date for the Kayaker Jamboree this summer.  I want to pick a date that conflicts with as few as possible of SKG members and other kayak group calendars (a task not easily achieved, but by doing it early I hope to come close).  Last year we held it the first weekend in August and, it has been suggested that we stick with this.  The full moon is on Wed. Aug. 6, so both the first and second weekends are best for good night-light (a vampire paddle is certainly going to be part of our activities).  The Cold Spring Kayak Club has a week long paddle already planned which ends the Monday after the first weekend in Aug.  What date would you like us to have the Jamboree?

      Please feel free to contribute to the discussion on our message board: http://www.meetup.com/StamfordKayakGroup/boards/thread/6143405/0/

      Peter"