Glasco and Malden kayak launch

  • glider12455
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
      Do these launches remain open throughout the winter, as in, you can
      drive in, park and launch without needing a permit, a gate key,
      governing body approval or anything else?
    • Paul Van Benschoten
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2008
        Yes, These launches stay open. They are locked at 9pm (or there abouts). I don't know what time they are unlocked, but I assume it is very early morning.

        If you want to use the launch while it is locked, you can get a key from the town office.

        -Paul

        > Do these launches remain open throughout the winter, as in,
        > you can
        > drive in, park and launch without needing a permit, a gate
        > key,
        > governing body approval or anything else?

      • glider
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2008
          Thanks.  Must you be a town resident to have a key?

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
            That I don't know. Call the Saugerties Town Clerk.

            The key isn't needed if your car is in the parking lot during the day. It is only when you want to use the lauch very early or very late that the key is needed.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
              Thanks again.