Florida Trip

  • fugs53
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      I really wish I had the chance to get to know some of you before
      now. I was/am a member of Cold Spring Kayak Club (though I haven't
      been very involved lately) and have my own web page of places I have
      paddled `www.kayaktrippics.us' .

      I am taking a trip to Florida soon. Very soon. I am leaving this
      Friday morning (11-7-08) and driving to Florida to spend a week. I
      leave Florida Saturday (11-15-08) morning and arrive in NY on Sunday
      (11-16-08). In the next day or two I will be reserving a house in
      the Crystal River/Homosassa River area (The Nature Coast) of Florida.

      Due to the way life goes, right now I am going alone. My girlfriend
      and I recently split up and none of my friends that paddle can make
      it.

      As I said, I will go alone but I would rather have company. I-95 is
      a lonely stretch of highway. If someone wants to tag along, and is
      willing to help with gas and food, that would be nice. I would
      have to meet that person at least once before Friday to ensure that
      we don't instantly hate each other.

      The house will be at least a two bedroom. I am planning on kayaking
      at least 3 days and visiting nature centers or wildlife refuges or
      parks other days. My vacations are a mix of kayaking and nature
      photography. I am very flexible on the schedule. I have a 4 door
      pick-up truck and have room to carry the kayaks and gear.

      I understand that this is very short notice and I really don't
      expect to find someone to travel with me but I thought it was worth
      a try. One thing to consider is that I don't drive straight through
      so there will be a night in a motel room somewhere in the Carolinas.

      Hope to meet all of you next paddle season.

      Happy Paddling!
      John