RiverKeeper Webinar today (Thrus July 18) at 4pm re: Rondout spill & Hudson pollution

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Dan Shapley <DShapley@...>
      To: Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...>
      Cc: mazimmer <mazimmer@...>
      Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:51 AM
      Subject: RE: Water Quality Report May-June 2013

      Riverkeeper
      Indeed, it is alarming. We’ve been following it closely, and working with a local watchdog to make sure the city stops the flow and addresses the underlying problems. They did a poor job of informing the public about this spill.

      Here’s our blog post on the subject. We’ve been following it in the press too – Not only the Freeman, but the Record, WAMC, and more.

      We have a webinar today at 4 p.m. that will guide participants in how to use our redesigned water quality website, update about the implementation of the Sewage Pollution Right to Know Law, and provide an opportunity for some Q&A with Tracy Brown, our resident expert. If you’re interested, it’s 4 p.m. – RSVP to Dana Gulley at dgulley@... to get the call-in information. (Again, share the opportunity with your group if you’d like—all are welcome to join, and we want to reach people who use the water.)

      Best,
      Dan

      From: Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...>
      Date: June 29, 2013 11:54:51 AM EDT
      To: John Lipscomb <info1@...>

      Does "Esopus Creek West" refer to the area at the swimming beach & launch area?  thanks, Diane Dintruff