Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] Mondays - 24th - paddle Highland

  • Barb Stemke
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 23, 2013
      Hi Marion,

      Pete & I will join the paddle Mon am.  See you then.

      Barbara

      On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:13 AM, <mazimmer@...> wrote:

      Just in case it gets lost in the message below .

      We will meet:

      Mon June 24--KPP 9:30 launch from the new Highland Launch, next to Mariners on the Hudson between the Walkway and the Mid-Hudson Bridge.

      I'm not sure of the directions myself - only have seen it from the Walkway. I guess follow the signs for Mariners.

      Marion

    • Lissa Queeney Matthews
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 24, 2013
        Barbara and I are planning to come, just watching the weather.

        Lissa

      • Robert Fox
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 24, 2013
          Plan to see you there
          Bpb

> [...]

          > and beyond Kayakers, Kayaking the liquid skies, Stamford kayakers, Hudson Valley Hikers /w
          > has paddles)
          > Ø      CatskillMountain Club – free group with paddles
          > (donations appreciated)
          > §         http://www.catskillmountainclub.org/index.html
          > Ø      Poughkeepsie/Wappingers – scheduled paddles http://www.kasualkayaks.org/
          > Ø      Malden’s
          > paddles are 6:30 pm Tuesday’s & Thursdays, and 9amSundays
          > §         http://maldenyachtclub.org/
          > Ø      Dues paying clubs, membership required (AMC, ADK; Cold Springs, NY)
          > §         http://www.outdoors.org
          > §         http://www.midhudsonadk.org/OutingsSchedule.htm
          > §         http://cskc
          > §         http://kccny.com/  white water
          > Ø      www.uscanoe.com  to list & find events
          > Ø      Good, but NOT local, white and big or open water  kayak schools

        • Robert Fox
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 24, 2013
            Will see you there
            Bob

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 24, 2013
              Hi all,

              Three of us   couldn't find the launch site this morning.  With directions we'll find it next time..

              Barbara

              On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Robert Fox <rafox3@...> wrote:

              Will see you there
              Bob

              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 24, 2013
                Hi Barbara,
                Sorry we didn't connect. this is the route I take:  I turn East off 9W at the bagel shop (often with a bagel in hand), then left after the street ends and head down toward Mariners.  The new Highland launch is nice: wide with grooves to prevent slipping. They are still making additional enhancements to the park. It was lovely seeing the Mid Hudson Bridge and Walkway (POK & Marist boathouses, etc  on the opposite shore...nice breeze heading south but lots of debris in the water. We saw a couple of blue herons close together and assorted quackery.

                If in doubt about the location of a launch site: you might go to the site:
                paddling.net, select
                "go paddling" on the action bar, then
                 "launch site map" on the pulldown menu to reach a google map and gps input for launch sites all over the world

                Diane

> [...]
                > > > and beyond Kayakers, Kayaking the liquid skies, Stamford kayakers,
                > > Hudson Valley Hikers /w
                > > > has paddles)
                > > > Ø CatskillMountain Club – free group with paddles
                > > > (donations appreciated)
                > > > § http://www.catskillmountainclub.org/index.html
                > > > Ø Poughkeepsie/Wappingers – scheduled paddles
                > > http://www.kasualkayaks.org/
                > > > Ø Malden’s
                > > > paddles are 6:30 pm Tuesday’s & Thursdays, and 9amSundays
                > > > § http://maldenyachtclub.org/
                > > > Ø Dues paying clubs, membership required (AMC, ADK; Cold Springs,
                > > NY)
                > > > § http://www.outdoors.org
                > > > § http://www.midhudsonadk.org/OutingsSchedule.htm
                > > > § http://cskc
                > > > § http://kccny.com/ white water
                > > > Ø www.uscanoe.com to list & find events
                > > > Ø Good, but NOT local, white and big or open water kayak schools

              • Barb Stemke