Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] Re: Rio and Delaware

  • Russell Faller
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2013
        I'm familiar with both the Rio & the other reservoir over there, as well as the Delaware and wouldn't mind leading.  However, I couldn't do it 'til the last week this month due to prior commitments.
        Russ

      From: Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...>
      Subject: [KingstonPaddlePals] Weekend of June 8-10
      To: "KayakGroup1" <KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, June 6, 2013, 10:24 AM

      Big Festival & Training Weekend!  I could use a clone, or 3 or 4.  Diane

      6/8-9/2013 http://kccny.com/ Learn to White water Kayak Weekend

      Kingston Kayak Festival Saturday, June 8: 10 AM to 4 PM Kingston Point Beach, 102 Delaware Avenue, Kingston, NY

      Kenco and the Forsyn Nature Center could use a couple more volunteers to assist with the Kingston Kayak Festival especially in the morning. Currently, we have 1 person in the am and 3 in the pm.  Please let me know ddintruff@.... Volunteers encourage test paddlers to stay in sight of Kingston Point Beach, and provide any needed assistance or whistle for additional assistance.  Assistance ranges from catching kayaks that float away with the tide, to towing tipped paddlers and kayaks back to shore if they, or the volunteer,  prefers not to try a wet reentry. It would be good to check in with Kenco or FNC staff to see if they need anything else.
        Even an hour or two would be helpful.  Mid Hudson ADK Paddlefest Saturday, June 8: 10 AM to 4 PM Kowawese Unique Area at Plum Point, New
      Kayak Instruction Day with George's & Peter's meet-ups (Kayaking the liquid skies and Stamford)
      Sunday, June 9, 2013
      11:30 AM
      Annsville paddle center
      1 annsville circle peekskill, NY 10566
      Trailsweepers on the Rondout Creek
      Sunday June 9, 10am from Kingston Point Park Weekly Malden Yacht Club's Sunday 9am Paddles from Malden Launch
      River Connection's Sunday $10 demos
      (noon) for those looking for boats,  and tuneups (5pm)  for those with their own boats Governor's Island with AKT on Sunday...check with Ivan: he may want to car pool.  this is a paddle I'd like to do and will see if it would be possible to hook up with a group down south for City of Water Day
      KingstonPaddlePals Monday Group Paddle
      : Monday June 10, 11am
      launch from Dutchman's Landing to paddle the Catskill Creek.  Optional  late lunch/early dinner at the Seafood place at the juncture of the Catskill Creek and the Hudson.