Fw: [kayaking-171] Yak Jam VI

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Peter <isicloud@...>
      To: kayaking-171@...
      Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:52 PM
      Subject: [kayaking-171] Yak Jam VI

      Hey Kayakers

      As many of you know this year’s YakJam is set for August 16 to 18.  It is on Shea Island on the Norwalk Island chain.  The moon will be between the first Quarter and Full so the nights will be bright.  It will be, like all the years before, a memorable event.

      However, this year will be different in one small way… Cynthia and I are moving.  We will still be in Connecticut, about 1 hour north of Norwalk.  We still plan to attend the Yak Jam but we are closing on the house later this month and have been/ will be more focused on moving then organizing the Yak Jam.

      This will be a test.  The Yak Jam was founded on the idea of being a grass-roots event.  No real leader or organizer… simply a time and place.  Cynthia and I have been the driving force behind facilitating the occurrence of the Yak Jam.  So too has Ken and Carolyn, Jennifer, Dagny, and a number of others.   We will all still be around, but as with Cyn and I, each has acquired new scenarios in life.  The premise of the Yak Jam has been that it is what the kayakers that attend want it to be.  And, in that respect nothing will change.  But, this year more so than any other year it is important that other people and kayak groups step up and lead.  We will still facilitate the time and place, but you are needed to spread the word to other kayakers and kayak groups.  You are needed to keep the spirit of the Yak Jam alive.  You are needed to carry on a tradition created by Cynthia and me to get kayakers to come together and hang out with the goal to create unity and harmony among kayakers and kayak groups.

      Peter
      SKG Meetup Moderator

      Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | support@...