Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] Monday 5/6/13, 1pm Easy paddle on the Great Vly in Saugerties

    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2013
      Sure, the Vly is a very shallow area...but mostly grassy.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2013
        Diane, still quite nice, was in this am (usually in 2x/wk until it grows over, 2 mi away! and great for birding).  I would suggest a much earlier start time if that works, afternoon wind down the valley can be annoying.  Lots of geese, a few swans and several types of ducks, falcon and hawk, many blackbirds and swallows, plus others of course.....we try to be on the water before 9, today it was 715 am......and magic

        To: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
        From: ddintruff@...
        Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 14:08:57 -0700

        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2013

          Getting back to Monday kayaking sounds good. I plan to come home today, so I can't make today's paddle.

          So far. skiing has gotten in the way.  Yesterday was a little too icy to get into the bumps until 10 AM (global warming?)  The schedule calls for weekend skiing until June 2 (or later).