Weekend of 5/4-5/13

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 4:18 PM
      After considering a couple distant paddles...I've decided to stay local this weekend:

      1.   Chorus Line on the Walkway 5/4/13 http://www.walkway.org/
      A couple of us plan on launching and lining up under the Walkway. Event registration is 9:30-10:30.  I'm not sure yet whether we'll try to battle the crowds to launch at Waryas in POK or Highland.  It might be better to launch at Quiet Cove and paddle to the Walkway.  Perhaps event coordinators might consider a kayak world's record under the walkway next year if enough of us showed up?

         2. New Paltz Regatta 5/5/13  http://www.newpaltzregatta.com/ The regatta is a nice photo op...check out their link.  A kayak race is still listed on their registration form, but they haven't held one the last couple of years so I don't really expect it this year.  But if you bring a net, you can help pick up the rubber duckies from their race.

      If anyone feels in the mood for a trip...here are a couple of events to the North this weekend:

      5/4-5/13 56th Hudson River White Water Derby, slalom, sprint & beginner race
      s whitewaterderby.com
      5/3-5/13 Canton Canoe Weekend nymcra.org
      5/5/13 Schodack Island Paddle adk-albany.org

      and a couple of club paddles to the South:

      1) 5/4/13 MH-ADK's trip to the Norwalk Islands, location of the annual Yak Jam (kayak camp-out, training, etc.)
      2)
      5/5/13 Mongaup River, Port Jervis NY http://kccny.com/

      Diane