Please help: KayaK Family Day at Clearwater's Kingston Home Port & Education Center

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      I was really pleased when the Hudson River Maritime Museum asked me to do something on Kayaking for the very First Family Day at the Clearwater's Kingston Home Port and Education Center from 11-8 on Thursday May 9.  Since the yahoo group KingstonPaddlePals is about making kayak social networking easier, I'm hoping:

      • members of other kayaking groups and outfitters will join me in participating  to help promote the sport
      • some paddlers will parade & demonstrate different types of kayaks and paddle types (touring, recreational, white water, fishing, SOT's, pedal boats, sails, wooden, canoes, SUPs) on the Rondout Creek  by the Education Center between 5:30-6:30 and be willing to tell, or let me tell, non-kayakers on shore about your kayak or canoe and the situations it is particularly good for, and
      • some paddlers will demonstrate eskimos rolls, braces, turns during the 5:30-6:30 period

      Please let me know (ddintruff@... or call 845-331-9321) if you'd like to join me, or stand in for me giving me a break.  Throughout the kayak Family Day, I will be there to discuss kayaking, kayak social networking, my posters on  “What to Watch for Along the Hudson River Estuary and Its Tributaries”,  and to demonstrate exercises particularly useful to kayaking and why the exercise is helpful.

      If you can't be there, but would like to make a handout distributed, please send them to Diane Dintruff, POB 108, Port Ewen, NY 12466-0108

      I just found out this morning that the HRMM would like to make an announcement about this at their lecture series tomorrow night, so if you'd could a quick reply would be appreciated.

      warm regards to all,
      Diane,
    • Ivan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 16, 2013
        Thursday is one of my Maximum Results Bootcamp workout days.
        If I participate in the demo I have to skip Bootcamp.
        If I skip then everybody else on the team has to do burpees as punishment.

        I guess a few more burpees won't hurt them.

        -Ivan

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 16, 2013
          Ivan, Thank you so much!  Kids love eskimo rolls.  Maybe some members of your bootcamp would like to see you roll too, or prefer to share some butt and core exercises useful to kayaking over burpees.  Diane

          Thursday is one of my Maximum Results Bootcamp workout days.
          If I participate in the demo I have to skip Bootcamp.
          If I skip then everybody else on the team has to do burpees as punishment.

          I guess a few more burpees won't hurt them.

          -Ivan

          --- In KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com, Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I was really pleased when the Hudson River Maritime Museum asked me to do something on Kayaking for the very First Family Day at the Clearwater's Kingston Home Port and Education Center from 11-8 on Thursday May 9.  Since the yahoo group KingstonPaddlePals is about making kayak social networking easier, I'm hoping:
          >
          > * members of other kayaking groups and outfitters will join me in participating  to help promote the sport
          >
          > * some paddlers will parade & demonstrate different types of kayaks and paddle types (touring, recreational, white water, fishing, SOT's, pedal boats, sails, wooden, canoes, SUPs) on the Rondout Creek  by the Education Center between 5:30-6:30 and be willing to tell, or let me tell, non-kayakers on shore about your kayak or canoe and the situations it is particularly good for, and
          > * some paddlers will demonstrate eskimos rolls, braces, turns during the 5:30-6:30 period
          >

          > Please let me know (ddintruff@... or call 845-331-9321) if you'd like to join me, or stand in for me giving me a break.  Throughout the kayak Family Day, I will be there to discuss kayaking, kayak social networking, my posters on  “What to Watch for Along the Hudson River Estuary and Its Tributaries”,  and to demonstrate exercises particularly useful to kayaking and why the exercise is helpful.
          >
          > If you can't be there, but would like to make a handout distributed, please send them to Diane Dintruff, POB 108, Port Ewen, NY 12466-0108
          >

          > I just found out this morning that the HRMM would like to make an announcement about this at their lecture series tomorrow night, so if you'd could a quick reply would be appreciated.
          >
          > warm regards to all,
          > Diane,

        • mazeeyah
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 17, 2013
            Diane,

            I can help you out - let me know what time frame you need most need the help.
            \
            I will be away next week - sun thru sat. We can go over details when I get back.

            Marion