Fw: You're invited to Basic Kayaking Clinic Prior to Bannerman's

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1 KB
    for new paddlers:  Crossing the Hudson from Plum Point is the shortest distance to Bannerman's Castle.  Paddling along the shore south from Long Dock in Beacon or North from Cold Springs Foundry Cove  is comparable to round trip on the Rondout Creek from Sleightsburg to the Eddyville dam.  Diane

    Tuesday, April 30, 2013
    4:30 PM
    Kowawase Unique Area in Plum Point
    Plum Point Lane
    New Windsor, NY 12553
    Will you attend?
    2 HV Hikers attending, including:
    ""Watch this ..." "
    "I joined Meet-up primarily to find people who like to play Canasta, but I'm an avid..."
    Never Kayaked?
    That's not an excuse not to join us anymore!

    Mike Kelsey, Baker, myself and others have heard over and over again: "Would love to join you kayaking every tuesday, but I have never kayaked before". Come 30 minutes prior to the Bann...
    Learn more
    Apr
    09
    **SUNSET Mountain Bike** Minnewaska State Park to Lake Awosting
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:00 PM · 19 attending
    Apr
    09
    Tuesday Night Catskill 3500 Series: Peekamoose & Table
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:15 PM · 2 attending
    Apr
    09
    Breakneck sunset hike
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:00 PM · 7 attending

    Follow us!

    Unsubscribe from similar emails from this Meetup Group
    Add info@... to your address book to receive all Meetup emails
    Meetup HQ in NYC is hiring! meetup.com/jobs

  • Monique Heenan
    Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
      I'd really like to do this. I've been looking for the right opportunity to get my feet wet (so to speak ;) kayaking the Hudson. I'm a newbie - I've kayaked down on Sarasota Bay and up north on Lake George, but I don't own a kayak. Can anyone recommend a good place to rent a kayak for this event? Also, if I shop for used gear, any recommendations for what is best for Hudson River kayaking?

      Thanks!
      Monique Heenan

      [Attachment(s) from Diane Dintruff included below]

      Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
        Hello Monique,
           A good event for  you would be the MidHudson ADK's PaddleFest.  Go to www.midhudsonadk.org/paddlefest for more info.
           Russ

        Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2013
          Monique, depends on where you are located.  In Kingston, there is Kenco atkenco.com on highway 28 just off the traffic circle.The outfitters nearest plum point are mountain valley guides and storm king.  Here are other hudson valley outfitters for kayak rentals:

          §         Westchester County, http://www.kayakhudson.com/
          §         Cornwall on Hudson http://www.stormkingadventuretours.com/
          §         Hastings-on-Hudson http://www.mountainvalleyguides.com/
          §         Cold Springs http://www.hudsonvalleyoutfitters.com/