New Paltz Bike Swap

  • wanatuska
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2013
      The New Paltz Bike Swap (www.newpaltzbikeswap.com) is a fundraiser for the Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club. We are a Hudson Valley based not for profit group with the mission to promote cycling advocacy, trail building, trail maintenance, and community service. We lobby for cycling legislation from New York State, County and local governments and work with policy makers to keep trails open for bikes and road safe for cyclists. We partner with many land managers in the region to build and maintain multi-use trails including NYS DEC, Scenic Hudson, Winnakee Land Trust, and Woodstock Land Conservancy, and are primary sponsors (along with our sister group GUMBA) of the Minnewaska Mountain Bike Festival at Lake Minnewaska State Park held in May. We also give away dozens of bikes to needy kids in Kingston every holiday season.
      We are asking help from local outdoor, fitness and health related organizations and businesses to help promote this fundraiser and would like to invite you to promote your organization, business and/or events at the Bike Swap. We can offer space to set up a table or you can provide us with flyers to distribute, to promote your events and/or business. Please contact kate at wanatuska@....

      (We are also open to expanding this event in the future, to other like-minded organizations, who may want to use it as a venue for gear-exchange/fundraising. Please contact kate at wanatuska@... if interested).

      The following is a short summary of the event. We would appreciate any opportunity for cross-promotions on your website /social network site.

      The New Paltz Bike Swap is Saturday May 18th at the New Paltz Middle School in New Paltz NY from 10 AM to 2 PM!
      This is the 6th year of the BIKE SWAP and several hundred attendees and dozens of vendors are expected. It's the main way Fats in the Cats Bicycle Club generates funds to support cycling advocacy and trails in the Hudson Valley. The club gets 20% of items sold as a donation. Please Check our website for all the details at www.newpaltzbikeswap.com or see tons of photos at https://www.facebook.com/npbikeswap
      We will also gladly accept donations of bikes for the event- please contact Pete at pete@... to arrange pick-up.

      Thanks for your help