TOMORROW FRI 5:15 PM KINGSTON POINT

  • Ivan
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2012
      Anybody want to join the fun?
      5:15 to dusk.

      Friday after work I am going to Kingston Point.
      Winds 13 MPH from the NW.
      Blowing into shore with whitecaps.
      Air temp 45 - colder than we are used to.
      Water temp 62 - still nice.

      Wet or dry suit recommended.
      Dry clothes to change into.
    • Rick Loggia
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2012
        not being that familiar with K Point, will there be decent wind waves with the current moving in the same direction as the predicted wind direction ?

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2012
          It has been my experience that with a sustained wind from the North (or close) there will be wind driven waves driving straight into Kingston Point Beach. Regardless of tide.

          It is hard to launch - like small ocean surf- but a lot of fun once you are out.

          If you stop paddling or capsize you end up back on the beach.

          If the conditions turn out as I expect I won't go anywhere just paddle around in the waves. Besides I probably will only have about an hour.

          The forecast is for winds 14 MPH starting noon.
          It takes sustained winds for a while for the waves to build up.

          I can't make it before 5:15 due to work but conditions ought to be good by early afternoon.

          Remember: Those who play with water are apt to get wet!

          -Ivan

        • waltgorgas@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 12, 2012
            You make it sound like fun.  Sorry, I can't join you.  I'll be out of town.