Some of the many paddling options this holiday & weekend

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
      Several of the regular Saturday 10am out of Sleightsburg paddlers will be at the balloon launch at the POK boathouse this weekend, so I don't know whether anyone plans on showing up at Sleightsburg, but what ever your plans are...have a wonderful July 4th!  Diane
      •  Music & Fireworks on the Rondout 7/4/12 9:30 pmhttp://www.kingston-ny.gov/
      • 7/6-8/12 Poughkeepsie Balloon Festival; 6am lift off from boathouse http://dutchesscountyregionalchamber.org/balloonfestival
      •  Lake Placid International Canoe/Kayak Regatta 7/6-8/12 Some registrations due 7/1/12 http://www.lakeplacidinternational.com/
        • Orange County Triathlon kayak/canoe support needed for swim lag along Newburg Waterfront 7/8/12 http://orangecountytri.com/pages/racedayvolunteer.html
      Outfitter
      • Atlantic Kayak Tours at Norrie Point has a Friday @ Norrie training (reasonably price tune-up including equipment for those without) on the 6th, and a Safety and Rescue Practice for kayaks on Sunday the 8th.  http://www.atlantickayaktours.com/  (link for class registration & mailing list forwarded)
      • The River Connection, also in Hyde Park has $10 tune-up July 8,22,29 for those with their own kayaks,and a $10 demo session for those interested in trying out kayaks, paddles, SUPs following the tune-up on the 22. http://www.the-river-connection.com/instructional/tuneup.php

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
        Good morning. Is there a group kayaking tomorrow night to watch the fireworks?
        Lissa

        On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...> wrote:

        Several of the regular Saturday 10am out of Sleightsburg paddlers will be at the balloon launch at the POK boathouse this weekend, so I don't know whether anyone plans on showing up at Sleightsburg, but what ever your plans are...have a wonderful July 4th!  Diane

      • Marion Zimmer
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012

          Anyone interested in paddling Thurs morning?  I was thinking of the Rondout Creek, above the dam.  Meet at the  DEC put in on Creek Locks Road.

          Rondout Creek Boat Launch (often referred to as “Creek Locks Launch”)

          TakeAbeel Street West from the Rondout area of Kingston

          Turn right onto Creeks Lock Road , just before the blue bridge

          Go .3 miles then vear left at the “Y”.  The launch is .7 miles ahead.

          Please RSVP.

          Marion

        • Karen Spinozzi
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012