Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent

  • lbrg@co.ulster.ny.us
    Message 1 of 15 , May 16 6:08 AM
      Yes - sorry! Thanks

      Lisa Berger
      Director of Marketing & Group Sales
      Ulster County Tourism
      10 Westbrook Lane
      Kingston, NY 12401
      t. 845.340.3567
      f. 845.334.8687
      800.342.5826
      www.ulstercountyalive.com
      Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

      forsytheducation@...
      Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

      05/16/2012 09:08 AM

      Please respond to
      KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

      cc
      Subject
      Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent

      Just to clarify, Mayor Gallo, Gregg and I will be launching from TR Gallo Park under the wurts street bridge, not Kingston Point Beach, but will still be paddling out the lighthouse to meet the Kayakers.

      -Steve

      In a message dated 5/16/2012 9:03:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lbrg@... writes:

      Steve Noble, Greg Swanzy and Mayor Gallo will be leaving from Kingston Point Beach around 7 to paddle out to the lighthouse where they will wait for the group. They will then paddle into the creek with the kayakers and will reach the dock at the back of the museum at 7:30 pm.

      Lisa Berger
      Director of Marketing & Group Sales
      Ulster County Tourism
      10 Westbrook Lane
      Kingston, NY 12401
      t. 845.340.3567
      f. 845.334.8687
      800.342.5826

      www.ulstercountyalive.com
      Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

      bidbuy34@...
      Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

      05/16/2012 09:00 AM

      Please respond to
      KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

      KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent

      refresh my memory when and where are to meet up to meet them george

      Message 2 of 15 , May 16 2:23 PM
        Here is what I've jotted down; spellings are probably messed up.The spare seat team will be leaving Kingston thrusday at 12:30 and are expected to meet Marshal (River Connection) at Quiet Cove 2 pm to swap out dignitaries and leave for Waryas at 2:30.Then I have 2 different times for when they arrive at Waryas 3:30 or 4:30. Arriving at Kingston in the spare seat are Assemblyman Peter Lopez, Larry Fedaman, Richard somebody (that's one 2 many dignitaries, maybe one of them there own kayak), leaving from Kingston are Ian King, Jeff Ruff, then leaving Quiet Cove are Ian King & Fran Duncan.  The dignitaries seem to be mostly from various conservation groups; but I'm not really familiar with any of them...

        After an MD appt and lunch tomorrow, I'll be launching from Waryas and paddling north to Quiet Cove. If possible launching from Waryas approx 1:30

        heading out to load my kayak now, Diane

        Message 3 of 15 , May 16 2:32 PM
        They will be leaving the dock in Kingston at noon - hence the 12:30 start time on the Hudson.

         See attached

        Lisa Berger
        Director of Marketing & Group Sales
        Ulster County Tourism
        10 Westbrook Lane
        Kingston, NY 12401
        t. 845.340.3567
        f. 845.334.8687
        800.342.5826
        www.ulstercountyalive.com
        Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

        Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...>
        Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

        05/16/2012 05:23 PM

        Please respond to
        KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

        "KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com" <KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com>
        cc
        Subject
        Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent whose in spare seat & Thrusday

        Message 4 of 15 , May 17 8:21 AM
          Did Wednesday night go as planned?

          I paddled down the Rondout about 5:30 PM.
          Nothing was happening around the Museum.
          I paddled the Hudson north past Kingston Point Park intending to meet the paddlers as they came south.

          I never saw them.
          I can't believe we paddled past each other without me seeing them.

          I figured they were late with the strong winds from the south so I continued until 7:00 and turned back.

          A nice night to be out with warm air and wind driven moderate chop.

          Back at the Strand I noticed near the Museum one of the Spare Seat Kayaks on the top of a car.

          -Ivan

        • lbrg@co.ulster.ny.us
          Message 5 of 15 , May 17 9:19 AM
            Thank you to all the Kingston Paddle Pals that did go down to try to welcome the group in. Unfortunately the high winds coming at them, 4 foot waves and potential bad weather really slowed down their progress.

            Glenn and Robert were pulled from the river at Charles Rider Park 45 minutes behind schedule - stormy skies, impending darkness and fatigue got the better of them. We met up with the around 8:45 pm at Savona's where they had a great time re-charging with plenty of water and carbs!

            Today, Glenn & Robert went back to Charles Rider Park at 10:15 this morning and paddled to Kingston Point Beach where they were met by Gunter Splihaus, an Ulster County adventure kayaker from New Paltz. It was decided (based on the chop and the winds) that it would be best for the  two spare seat riders Ian from the Scottish Sun Newspaper and Jeff Rump from Clearwater to join them 5 miles downstream at Mills Mansion.

            I with Glen & Robert heading out on the Hudson with Gunter in tow.

            Wishing them a safe trip today and for the rest of their journey. Again, thanks for you enthusiasm and support.

            Lisa Berger
            Director of Marketing & Group Sales
            Ulster County Tourism
            10 Westbrook Lane
            Kingston, NY 12401
            t. 845.340.3567
            f. 845.334.8687
            800.342.5826
            www.ulstercountyalive.com
            Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

            "Ivan" <is.wolfram@...>
            Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

            05/17/2012 11:21 AM

            Please respond to
            KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

            KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
            cc
            Subject
            [KingstonPaddlePals] Re: International Contingent

            mailto:is.wolfram@...) >

            Message 6 of 15 , May 18 4:19 AM
              Hi Lisa,

              Cindy,  Marshal on his SUP, and I met up with them at Quiet Cove...Thrusday ended up positively gorgeous.  But they said they never received the Keegan "Old Capital Ale" I picked up for them.  Do you know what happened to the Ale?  If I can reschedule one thing, I'm hoping to meet up with the International Paddlers today 1:30 to launch from Long Dock Beacon, and with a little luck get an on Island Tour of Bannerman's Castle, so if possible I'd like to give them the Ale.  Also, is Ulster County shipping them a "gift basket" like  Duchess County?  If so, I'd like to put include the great pic Marion Zimmer took of kayaker's chasing the Half Moon.  Diane

              mailto:is.wolfram@...) >

            • bidbuy34@aol.com
              Message 7 of 15 , May 18 7:58 AM
                the guy w/ tie that was on the dock bagged it and took it somewhere

                mailto:is.wolfram@...) >
                > Sent by:
                _KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com_
                > (mailto:
                KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com)
                > 05/15/2012 08:09 PM
                > Please respond to

                _KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com_
                > (mailto:
                KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com)

                _KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com_
                > (mailto:
                KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com)
                > cc
                > Subject
                > [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contigent
                >

                > The schedule is for arrival in Kingston 7PM Wed.
                > Anybody know if this is still on schedule?
                >
                > I will launch under the Rondout Creek Bridge at 5:30.
                > Paddle into the Hudson and North until I see them, and follow them back.
                >
                > Weather might be bad. Only lightning will deter.
                >
                > Play with water- you're apt to get wet!
                >
                > -Ivan

              • Cliffjrs
                Message 8 of 15 , May 18 8:36 AM

                  Alas a tempest brewed at Wildwyck at the thought of all things English !

                  mailto:is.wolfram@...) >

                • lbrg@co.ulster.ny.us
                  Message 9 of 15 , May 18 1:07 PM
                    Sorry I didn't see these notes earlier Diane - we've been busy since yesterday moving into our new home at 20 Broadway so I just saw this - the man in the tie - Markly Wilson from I Love NY took the beer for them...from there I have no idea what happened to it.

                    Lisa Berger
                    Director of Marketing & Group Sales
                    Ulster County Tourism
                    10 Westbrook Lane
                    Kingston, NY 12401
                    t. 845.340.3567
                    f. 845.334.8687
                    800.342.5826
                    www.ulstercountyalive.com
                    Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

                    "Cliffjrs" <cliffjrs@...>
                    Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

                    05/18/2012 11:36 AM

                    Please respond to
                    KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

                    <KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com>
                    cc
                    Subject
                    Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent: so what happened to the Keegan Ale?

                    Alas a tempest brewed at Wildwyck at the thought of all things English !

                    http://jwwerner.com/history/BURNINGACCOUNT.html

                    the guy w/ tie that was on the dock bagged it and took it somewhere

                    Cindy,  Marshal on his SUP, and I met up with them at Quiet Cove...Thrusday ended up positively gorgeous.  But they said they never received the Keegan "Old Capital Ale" I picked up for them.  Do you know what happened to the Ale?  If I can reschedule one thing, I'm hoping to meet up with the International Paddlers today 1:30 to launch from Long Dock Beacon, and with a little luck get an on Island Tour of Bannerman's Castle, so if possible I'd like to give them the Ale.  Also, is Ulster County shipping them a "gift basket" like  Duchess County?  If so, I'd like to put include the great pic Marion Zimmer took of kayaker's chasing the Half Moon.  Diane

                    Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] Re: International Contingent

                    mailto:is.wolfram@...) >