Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent

  • lbrg@co.ulster.ny.us
    Message 1 of 15 , May 16, 2012
      Yes - sorry! Thanks

      Lisa Berger
      Director of Marketing & Group Sales
      Ulster County Tourism
      10 Westbrook Lane
      Kingston, NY 12401
      t. 845.340.3567
      f. 845.334.8687
      800.342.5826
      www.ulstercountyalive.com
      Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

      forsytheducation@...
      Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

      05/16/2012 09:08 AM

      Please respond to
      KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

      cc
      Subject
      Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent

      Just to clarify, Mayor Gallo, Gregg and I will be launching from TR Gallo Park under the wurts street bridge, not Kingston Point Beach, but will still be paddling out the lighthouse to meet the Kayakers.

      -Steve

      In a message dated 5/16/2012 9:03:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lbrg@... writes:

      Steve Noble, Greg Swanzy and Mayor Gallo will be leaving from Kingston Point Beach around 7 to paddle out to the lighthouse where they will wait for the group. They will then paddle into the creek with the kayakers and will reach the dock at the back of the museum at 7:30 pm.

      Lisa Berger
      Director of Marketing & Group Sales
      Ulster County Tourism
      10 Westbrook Lane
      Kingston, NY 12401
      t. 845.340.3567
      f. 845.334.8687
      800.342.5826

      www.ulstercountyalive.com
      Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

      bidbuy34@...
      Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

      05/16/2012 09:00 AM

      Please respond to
      KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

      KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent

      refresh my memory when and where are to meet up to meet them george

        Message 3 of 15 , May 16, 2012
          Here is what I've jotted down; spellings are probably messed up.The spare seat team will be leaving Kingston thrusday at 12:30 and are expected to meet Marshal (River Connection) at Quiet Cove 2 pm to swap out dignitaries and leave for Waryas at 2:30.Then I have 2 different times for when they arrive at Waryas 3:30 or 4:30. Arriving at Kingston in the spare seat are Assemblyman Peter Lopez, Larry Fedaman, Richard somebody (that's one 2 many dignitaries, maybe one of them there own kayak), leaving from Kingston are Ian King, Jeff Ruff, then leaving Quiet Cove are Ian King & Fran Duncan.  The dignitaries seem to be mostly from various conservation groups; but I'm not really familiar with any of them...

          After an MD appt and lunch tomorrow, I'll be launching from Waryas and paddling north to Quiet Cove. If possible launching from Waryas approx 1:30

          heading out to load my kayak now, Diane

          Message 4 of 15 , May 16, 2012
          They will be leaving the dock in Kingston at noon - hence the 12:30 start time on the Hudson.

           See attached

          Lisa Berger
          Director of Marketing & Group Sales
          Ulster County Tourism
          10 Westbrook Lane
          Kingston, NY 12401
          t. 845.340.3567
          f. 845.334.8687
          800.342.5826
          www.ulstercountyalive.com
          Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

          Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...>
          Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

          05/16/2012 05:23 PM

          Please respond to
          KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

          "KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com" <KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com>
          cc
          Subject
          Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent whose in spare seat & Thrusday

          Message 5 of 15 , May 17, 2012
            Did Wednesday night go as planned?

            I paddled down the Rondout about 5:30 PM.
            Nothing was happening around the Museum.
            I paddled the Hudson north past Kingston Point Park intending to meet the paddlers as they came south.

            I never saw them.
            I can't believe we paddled past each other without me seeing them.

            I figured they were late with the strong winds from the south so I continued until 7:00 and turned back.

            A nice night to be out with warm air and wind driven moderate chop.

            Back at the Strand I noticed near the Museum one of the Spare Seat Kayaks on the top of a car.

            -Ivan

          • lbrg@co.ulster.ny.us
            Message 6 of 15 , May 17, 2012
              Thank you to all the Kingston Paddle Pals that did go down to try to welcome the group in. Unfortunately the high winds coming at them, 4 foot waves and potential bad weather really slowed down their progress.

              Glenn and Robert were pulled from the river at Charles Rider Park 45 minutes behind schedule - stormy skies, impending darkness and fatigue got the better of them. We met up with the around 8:45 pm at Savona's where they had a great time re-charging with plenty of water and carbs!

              Today, Glenn & Robert went back to Charles Rider Park at 10:15 this morning and paddled to Kingston Point Beach where they were met by Gunter Splihaus, an Ulster County adventure kayaker from New Paltz. It was decided (based on the chop and the winds) that it would be best for the  two spare seat riders Ian from the Scottish Sun Newspaper and Jeff Rump from Clearwater to join them 5 miles downstream at Mills Mansion.

              I with Glen & Robert heading out on the Hudson with Gunter in tow.

              Wishing them a safe trip today and for the rest of their journey. Again, thanks for you enthusiasm and support.

              Lisa Berger
              Director of Marketing & Group Sales
              Ulster County Tourism
              10 Westbrook Lane
              Kingston, NY 12401
              t. 845.340.3567
              f. 845.334.8687
              800.342.5826
              www.ulstercountyalive.com
              Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

              "Ivan" <is.wolfram@...>
              Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

              05/17/2012 11:21 AM

              Please respond to
              KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

              KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
              cc
              Subject
              [KingstonPaddlePals] Re: International Contingent

              mailto:is.wolfram@...) >

              Message 7 of 15 , May 18, 2012
                Hi Lisa,

                Cindy,  Marshal on his SUP, and I met up with them at Quiet Cove...Thrusday ended up positively gorgeous.  But they said they never received the Keegan "Old Capital Ale" I picked up for them.  Do you know what happened to the Ale?  If I can reschedule one thing, I'm hoping to meet up with the International Paddlers today 1:30 to launch from Long Dock Beacon, and with a little luck get an on Island Tour of Bannerman's Castle, so if possible I'd like to give them the Ale.  Also, is Ulster County shipping them a "gift basket" like  Duchess County?  If so, I'd like to put include the great pic Marion Zimmer took of kayaker's chasing the Half Moon.  Diane

                mailto:is.wolfram@...) >

              • bidbuy34@aol.com
                Message 8 of 15 , May 18, 2012
                  the guy w/ tie that was on the dock bagged it and took it somewhere

                  mailto:is.wolfram@...) >
                  > Sent by:
                  _KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com_
                  > (mailto:
                  KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com)
                  > 05/15/2012 08:09 PM
                  > Please respond to

                  _KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com_
                  > (mailto:
                  KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com)

                  _KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com_
                  > (mailto:
                  KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com)
                  > cc
                  > Subject
                  > [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contigent
                  >

                  > The schedule is for arrival in Kingston 7PM Wed.
                  > Anybody know if this is still on schedule?
                  >
                  > I will launch under the Rondout Creek Bridge at 5:30.
                  > Paddle into the Hudson and North until I see them, and follow them back.
                  >
                  > Weather might be bad. Only lightning will deter.
                  >
                  > Play with water- you're apt to get wet!
                  >
                  > -Ivan

                • Cliffjrs
                  Message 9 of 15 , May 18, 2012

                    Alas a tempest brewed at Wildwyck at the thought of all things English !

                    mailto:is.wolfram@...) >

                  • lbrg@co.ulster.ny.us
                    Message 10 of 15 , May 18, 2012
                      Sorry I didn't see these notes earlier Diane - we've been busy since yesterday moving into our new home at 20 Broadway so I just saw this - the man in the tie - Markly Wilson from I Love NY took the beer for them...from there I have no idea what happened to it.

                      Lisa Berger
                      Director of Marketing & Group Sales
                      Ulster County Tourism
                      10 Westbrook Lane
                      Kingston, NY 12401
                      t. 845.340.3567
                      f. 845.334.8687
                      800.342.5826
                      www.ulstercountyalive.com
                      Follow us on twitter: @VisitUlsterCnty

                      "Cliffjrs" <cliffjrs@...>
                      Sent by: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

                      05/18/2012 11:36 AM

                      Please respond to
                      KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com

                      <KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com>
                      cc
                      Subject
                      Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] International Contingent: so what happened to the Keegan Ale?

                      Alas a tempest brewed at Wildwyck at the thought of all things English !

                      http://jwwerner.com/history/BURNINGACCOUNT.html

                      the guy w/ tie that was on the dock bagged it and took it somewhere

                      Cindy,  Marshal on his SUP, and I met up with them at Quiet Cove...Thrusday ended up positively gorgeous.  But they said they never received the Keegan "Old Capital Ale" I picked up for them.  Do you know what happened to the Ale?  If I can reschedule one thing, I'm hoping to meet up with the International Paddlers today 1:30 to launch from Long Dock Beacon, and with a little luck get an on Island Tour of Bannerman's Castle, so if possible I'd like to give them the Ale.  Also, is Ulster County shipping them a "gift basket" like  Duchess County?  If so, I'd like to put include the great pic Marion Zimmer took of kayaker's chasing the Half Moon.  Diane

                      Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] Re: International Contingent

                      mailto:is.wolfram@...) >