Pics showing what kayak swim support looks like

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2011
    After trying unsuccessfully for several years, I finally got several good pics of the "Bow hang" way to support a swimmer at this years RiverPool.  If a swimmers wants more support than just a noodle, but less support than being picked up by a jet ski after a kayaker waves his paddle in the air, they can take a break by holding onto the bow of a kayak with hands, or with hands and feet.  I tried a full hands and legs bow hang once and was surprised how effortless it was to wrap legs around a kayak and just hang on...I always thought it looked more difficult than it actually is.  Diane

  • waltgorgas@aol.com
    Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2011
      Hey, whodat in the middle of picture 1?

      And who has a red kayak with the number 64 on the bow in the second picture?  The face is a bit out of focus.

      [Attachment(s) from Diane Dintruff included below]

      Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2011
        I wanted to add, rarely does providing kayak swim support gets as exciting as throwing a noodle overboard or a bow hang. Usually kayak support simply involves making sure the swimmer stays on course and not drifting with tide and/or current, or into a shipping channel if a shore line swim.