Re: Great Bannerman Island Kayak Race

    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 16, 2011
      Hi George,
      The site is http://www.stormkingadventuretours.com/BannermanRaceForm.pdf

      It is still listed as being July 23.  However there was discussion at the Long dock opening that the Bannerman's Race was being moved to September because the Cold Springs Outfitter had a Bannerman's tour that day.  I'm going down to Long Dock for the free Great Hudson River Paddle event around Bannerman's at 10 tomorrow, I'll see if I can find out anything.  Let me know if you hear anything: I didn't try to get sponsors when I heard the rumor that it was being rescheduled.  Diane

      From: Eric Gross <eknuck@...>
      Subject: [KingstonPaddlePals] Re: paddling roundout
      To: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 15, 2011, 11:32 PM

      i'd like to start someplace upstream from river and paddle down the creek-from below the falls- using 2 vehicles - 1 @ put in 1 @ TAKE OUT

      --- In KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com, "Cliffjrs" <cliffjrs@...> wrote:

      > Are you intending to portage around the falls or paddle over them ?

    • Whitefish
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 16, 2011
        It starts at 10:00  OK

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 18, 2011
          Hi George,

          The Great Bannerman's Kayak Race was moved from July 23rd to September 17th, due to a parking arrangement snag.  The race will now be handled directly  by the Bannerman's Trust.  The former contact person at Storm King Adventure Tours will forward info which I'll pass on if it isn't sent directly to the group.

          September 17th is also the date for the Town of Esopus Kayak Paddle on the Rondout, and the Hudson River Maritime Museum Timefest celebration on the Rondout.

          The GHRP paddle around Bannerman's yesterday was wonderful, but it was sad too because it seems like every year I paddle around the castle ...more and more of it has crumbled...towers coming down even more than the wall a few winters ago.  Diane

          > Are you intending to portage around the falls or paddle over them ?

        • S Decker
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 18, 2011
            Hi,

            It's the Rondout, not "roundout."

            From: Ivan <is.wolfram@...>
            To: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Saturday, July 16, 2011, 11:39 AM

            Just a comment.
            The route mentioned is an easy paddle in both directions.

            You might want to dispense with the bother of 2 cars.
            Start  at the dock at the under the old 9W bridge and paddle upstream until you are 3/4 tired, them turm around.
            You will probably find that you can go all the way to the dam at Eddyville.

            I believe it is this dam that is being mentioned as the waterfalls.
            There are also falls further upstream.

            There is also a DEC access slightly upstream of Eddyville dam on Creek Locks road.  You can go downstream there to the Eddyville dam.
            You can also paddle this section easly in either direction.

            Ivan

            --- In KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Gross" <eknuck@...> wrote:

            > i'd like to start someplace upstream from river and paddle down the creek-from below the falls- using 2 vehicles - 1 @ put in 1 @ TAKE OUT
            >

            > --- In KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com, "Cliffjrs" <cliffjrs@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Are you intending to portage around the falls or paddle over them ?

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                KingstonPaddlePals-digest@yahoogroups.com
                KingstonPaddlePals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • S Decker
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 18, 2011
              Diane,

              I replied to Ivan, but others continually spell it wrong!   Please send an e-mail to the group to correct the name....Rondout, not "roundout."

              Thanks!

              Salley

              From: Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...>
              To: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com