Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] Kayaking in Cape Cod

  • Barb Stemke
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2011
      Hi Linda,

      You posted correctly.  You should get some helpful replies.

      Barbara Stemke

      On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:51 AM, lindapuga <lindapuga@...> wrote:

      Hi. (I am new member of this group so I don't know if I posted correctly). I am going camping in N Truro, Cape Cod in early August. I am looking for ideas of quieter waters with good put-ins on the Northern end of the Cape. Any ideas?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
        Hi Linda,
        Welcome to KingstonPaddlePals.  For kayaking in the Hudson Valley or elsewhere, one resource every paddler should know about is paddling.net.  If you go to their launch map:

        http://www.paddling.net/launches/

        and click on "additional info" for the launches noted around Cape Cod, you should be able to find out good info about the launches in the area.  Also in the "Go paddling" action bar pulldown, there are trip reports and more.  In the "Community" Action bar pulldowns are numerous message boards.  I've always had good luck getting answers to questions using these boards.

        I've only biked around the Cape & Nantucket.  My trips there were before I took up paddling. Have a wonderful trip!  Diane