Great Hudson River Paddle events, & Thimbles

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2011
      Great Hudson River Paddle events run throughout July...here is their new site & events link:

      http://www.greathrpaddle.org/paddleEvents.aspx?&categories=6&date=7%2f2%2f2011&kw=&regions=

      some of the free events include a paddle around Bannerman's Castle, kayak demos at Beacon, paddle along the Hudson Highlands, Friday skills sessions, and don't forget our "Pirates of Esopus" kayak Scavenger Hunt at Freer Beach on Saturday 7/16/11.  Marion, Connie & I had lots of fun mapping out the Scavenger Hunt and think you will enjoy picking up tokens associated with Esopus, and discovering the Sights around Esopus Bay.

      One of my most enjoyable paddles last year was around the Thimble Islands...so I've forwarded a meet-up going there.   happy 4th, Diane

      will happen on Saturday, July 9, 2011
      When: Where:
      Saturday, July 9, 2011
      10:30 AM
      Thimble Islands - Stony Creek
      178 Thimble Island Rd
      Branford, CT 06405
      Who's going:
      16 kayakers
      See all

      ITS TIME FOR OUR FIRST RUN TO THE THIMBLE ISLANDS.

      WE NEED TO GET THERE EARLY

      BUT IT IS A DISTANCE AWAY SOOOO 10;30 IT IS.

      SEA KAYAKS ARE NEEDED AND THE ABILITY TO USE THEM.

      IF THE WAVES ARE A BIT ROUGH OR YOU WANT AN EASIER RIDE YOU CAN STAY SHORELINE MARSH, BUT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP WITH THE GROUP YOU CAN GO AMONGST THE ISLANDS. AFTER LUNCH ON OUTERMOST YOU CAN IF YOU DARE ---RUN THE WAVES WITH US

      READ BOTH DOCS FOUND IN (MORE) (FILES)

      RISK LEVEL DOC

      http://files.meetup.com/1686358/Document%20risk%20levels.rtf

      guidelines FOR TRIP participants

      http://files.meetup.com/1686358/guidelines%20for%20trip%20participants.txt

      ANY QUESTIONS 914 629-5828

      Learn more

      More Meetups:

      Add info@... to your address book to receive all Meetup emails

      To manage your email settings, click here

      Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668

      Meetup HQ in NYC is hiring! http://www.meetup.com/jobs/