Re: [KingstonPaddlePals] Re: Tuesday paddle ChodikeeLake Black Creek

  • Marion Zimmer
    Message 1 of 8 , May 24, 2011
      1. Black Creek starting at Lake Chodikee Going South on 9W through Esopus, turn West on 299, then North onNorth Chodikee Lake Road …look for sign on left across from road to launch.

       Sorry for the confusion - here are the directions.  The weather reports clear until 2PM.  Let's hope they are correct.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 25, 2011
        The paddle, people labelled Black Creek. Black Creek can be accessed from the Hudson. If the paddle is Chodikee/Black Creek, then ALL people should refer to it online as that. Then I would have known WHAT the paddle was and WHERE. Putting in at the DEC for Black Creek doesn't make sense.  When sending an email it would be more helpful if people would refer accurately to the paddle title and repeat day, and hour for others. It would be an awareness consideration for improved communication.  The newsletter is very helpful! Thank you, Diane!.  Joanne

        On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from Diane Dintruff included below]

        Joanne,
         I'm confused at your last 3 messages.  If you want to join us paddling Black Creek/Lake Chodikee, it is unclear why you would consider launching at the DEC launch on Creekslock instead of the DEC launch on Black Creek/Lake Chodikee.
        Also since Saturday's Lake Chodikee paddle was a bicentennial paddle driving directions were given in the 2011 newsletter.

        Repeated postings have been made giving details on the monthly Esopus Bicentennial Paddles, and on annual events like the Kingston Kayak Festival.  All the information is in the 2011 newsletter.  All you need to do is print out the newsletter, which I've attached again, or bookmark the group link
        and access the 2011 newsletter in the file section to reference where & when we are meeting up for predetermined paddles during the 2011 paddling season.

        I hope this clears things up for you.
        Diane