HUDSON THIS WEEKEND

  • Ivan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2010
      If sunny I would like to go Sat and/or Sun early PM.
      Assumming I can't get partners for Esopus.

      Ivan
      687-0120
      kingston area code.
    • glider
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
        Sue and I are going out today (Sat.)  We will most likely launch from Kingston Point between noon and 1 and probably paddle north.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
          Hi Ivan, Sounds good to me. The Hudson has been like glass since the wind died down and the water level seems higher than ususal.  So how about launching and heading to Black Creek since we might be able to paddle further into it than ususal. We could launch either from Esopus Lighthouse Park/Scenic Hudson and head south, or from Highland and head North. High tide is 5:18 today and 6:10 tomorrow Sunday.  Black Creek might be a little far from Highland, but the sights from there are interesting even if we don't make it to the Creek.

          Myles Gordon, who used to run the sailing school from the Rondout, is now into white water kayaking, he might be able to hook you up with some white water paddlers if he is in town.

          Diane
          331-9321

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 13, 2010
            Diane, I think we both replied to Ivan at the same time.  KGN Point is fine with me.  Even with dry suits, in colder weather & infrequent boat traffic I feel more comfortable paddling in a group.  DianeD