      From: Diane Dintruff <ddintruff@...>
      Subject: [KingstonPaddlePals] 4th of July fireworks on the Rondout Creek by boat
      To: KingstonPaddlePals@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008, 8:53 PM

      I'm posting this early so everyone can pick up the required night
      lights if they don't have them.

      I'm going to assume that the fireworks from the 9W bridge over the
      Rondout is the Sunday before the 4th of July, that is sunday June 29.
      I haven't found the date anywhere but Kingston usually has their
      display early so folks can go to the other displays. If anyone know
      for sure, or hears, please let us know to verify.

      On June 29, high tide is around 9:07 and fireworks usually start at
      10, so for those of us on the west shore, we should be able to go in
      at Port Ewen's Freer Beach and cut across into the Rondout without
      becoming involved with heavy traffic near the lighthouse. Anyone
      coming from the east shore, near the Rhinecliff train station...be
      careful. I'm hoping the water chestnuts won't block us off from the creek.

      As I recall, required night lights are:

      As far forward as possible (so others know how long your boat is):
      left/port... red
      right/starboard. ..green

      As far back as possible:
      a 360 degree white light.

      Strobes and flashers are used only for emergencies.

      If I got any of this wrong...please let us know.

      The more of us go and stay close together..the safer we will be...so
      hope to see you there.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic