Re: [KingdomofLyonnesse] Re: event

  • Isolde Rosemont
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 23, 2010

      It's nice to come home from the Wars to a flurry of discussions regarding the next event.  Unfortunately...  we still don't seem to have one.  Lots of reasons why we don't - but nothing about when we will..........

      Blackstone :
      As I previously stated I would like for you to host your Investiture.  Please look at your calendars, pick a few weekends(however far in advance that they need to be), present them to His Highness and I, and together we will pick a weekend to formally elevate your group to a Barony and invest your first set of Baronage.

      Everyone else,:
      We have had a few people indicate interest in hosting an event.  If you have that interest I would like for you to look at your calendar, pick a handful of weekends (however far in advance they need to be), present them to His Highness and I, and together we will choose a weekend for your event.

      For those of you who work better under deadlines - please have those dates to Us no later than April 15th.  (Should be an easy deadline to remember.  :)

      May your lives be filled with warmth during this cold Spring,

      Princess Isolde Rosemont
      Principality of Lyonnesse
    • Isolde Rosemont
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 24, 2010

        My apologies - I am headed to Blackstone Raids very soon and mixed up the names.  Bad Princess.

        that would be the Barony of Blackthorne.  :)

        Isolde

        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 30, 2010

          It's nearly the 1st of the month.  Don't forget to get your possible events dates to Us no later than April 15th!

          Thank you,
          Princess Isolde

          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 31, 2010
            i am busy on april 23-25, may 8th, and june 19th and 25, and the second week of pennsic (cannot think of date). but i am also looking for a jb so i need to know in advance by a couple of weeks. hope all is well within the kingdom. look forward to seeing all again.

            keat cahoon (rose mcdade)

            To all of my fellow Callidorians, I hope that grace smiles upon you and your households today.

            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 31, 2010
              From Elena & Tristan:

              With all due respect, and after discussing this as a group (Sir Edmund, Lady Bella, ourselves, Buliwyf and his wife Rachel) recently, there will be no dates coming from the far Western Region.

              Tristan and I are concerned about finances right now and are each working extra jobs (meaning there isn't a lot to spare for us to go to events, to travel and such). I hope it isn't sharing too much of other people's business, but Lady Bella just took a new job and works 7 days per week, and Sir Edmund has also been working 60 hrs + per week to help them make ends meet. Buliwyf is about to start Basic Law Enforcement Training.

              We all feel quite maxed out - both in time and resources. Right now, even getting together locally as a Household has been difficult. We are still committed to one another as a group but we just don't foresee us being able to do more than meet locally when we can until at least next year, if not longer.

              As far as the Baronial Investiture goes, we understand that a Barony within Lyonesse does not have the strict hosting of events and other requirements that would be expected in the SCA.  However, having discussed this among ourselves over the winter, we do not feel we can meet our own personal standards of what we would want to do and expect of ourselves as a Barony.  Due to this we decided at that time as a group to remain a Household rather than elevating up to a Barony.  Given the time and resource limits we have already mentioned, we would rather try to be an excellent and supportive Household than an average or just ok Barony that can barely manage to be present.

              So, our many apologies, but times are just too tight for us right now to host or take a leadership role in event planning at this time. Clearly everyone is preoccupied with his/her own priorities throughout Lyonnesse, as there has been little to no chatter on the wires in many, many months.

              We have invested quite a lot of time and resources in this pastime and we most certainly wish to see Lyonnesse succeed (supporting it from an on-line perspective when we cannot be present in person).  We are most certainly willing to help with brainstorming, discussions of new ideas, etc. given the opportunity.  We believe that this group should focus on some of the things which distinguish us from our older cousin, the SCA.  This would include our light armored fighting (btw thanks to Sir Edmond for stepping up and clarifying that Tristan was talking about Buliwyf's proposal), more encompassing peerage and leadership positions beyond heavy fighters, higher standards for garb and kits, etc.. In other words, things we can be emphasizing while trying to keep it relatively easy to cross-play with the SCA.  If we do not emphasize some differences we might as well just be the SCA.  We were very excited about the possibilities of Lyonnesse at our Coronet Tournament and would like to see it continue but we must do NEW and INNOVATIVE things or we might as well be the SCA.

              All that being said, we do hope to have the chance to see each of you again at a future time as soon as circumstances allow. We truly wish you all the best.

              Sincerely
              Elena & Tristan

            • Isolde Rosemont
              Message 6 of 27 , Apr 12 7:05 AM
                The 15th of April is fast approaching and We have not received any possible event dates from anyone.

                I understand that a lot of people have many responsibilities that take up a considerable amount of time, but this group cannot happen without actually participating.  So if you have any interest in this remaining a functioning group, please get with your friends (or even His Highness and myself) about putting on an event, selecting a few dates, and letting Us know what you would like to do by Thursday.

                Thank you!
                Princess Isolde
              • Isolde Rosemont
                Message 7 of 27 , Apr 15 9:43 AM
                  We have an event!

                  It will be a day event hosted by Geoffrey (mka: Sem) (SCA: Ulf)

                  June 12 in Spartanburg SC.  The possibility of archery is being worked on.

                  Can I please have an electronic show of hands as to who would be available to attend that weekend?

                  Thank you,
                  Princess Isolde
                • John Atkins
                  Message 8 of 27 , Apr 15 10:19 AM
                    Message
                    That day/weekend is open for me.

                    kog

                    It will be a day event hosted by Geoffrey (mka: Sem) (SCA: Ulf)

                    June 12 in Spartanburg SC.  The possibility of archery is being worked on.

                    Can I please have an electronic show of hands as to who would be available to attend that weekend?

                    Thank you,
                    Princess Isolde

                  • Christopher Colville
                    Message 9 of 27 , Apr 15 12:21 PM
                      me me me! i will be there!!!

                      Message 10 of 27 , Apr 21 7:59 AM

                        So we have attending the event June 12, 2010 in Spartanburg, SC:

                        Geoffrey (event steward)
                        Kastoff
                        Christopher
                        Isolde

                        Anyone else????????????
                      • Tristan Wulf
                        Message 11 of 27 , Apr 21 8:19 AM
                          Elena and I are out of town for her job on that weekend.  So that means that we will be unable to make it to this event.  We hope it goes well and everyone who does make it has a good time.

                          As for Prince Christopher's question about projects, I have been working on armor in a blacksmith class and also completed and framed (framing thanks to a friend) the Lyonesse map I had been working on.  I will post pics of those things soon.

                          Tristan (and Elena) of House Blackthorne

                          "You're meant to charge in banners flying, sword drawn! That's what all the other knights did..." -- Princess Fiona
                          "Yeah, right before they burst into flame!" -- Shrek

                          Message 12 of 27 , Apr 21 8:23 AM

                            Event June 12, 2010 in Spartanburg, SC:

                            Attending:
                            Geoffrey (event steward)
                            Kastoff
                            Christopher
                            Isolde

                            Unable to attend:
                            Tristan
                            Elena
                          • Christopher Colville
                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 23 7:54 AM
                              Hey sorry to hear you guys are not going to make it, but we all understand jobs come first. :)  awesome on the map and your continued work on your arts.  hope to see the finished product soon.

                              Sir Christopher

                              Message 14 of 27 , Apr 29 3:08 AM

                                Svana and I will be there for the event now that my mundane life is giving me some free time. THANK GOODNESS!

                                Batu

                                Message 15 of 27 , Apr 29 7:34 AM
                                  my fiance and i are planning to be there. hope all is well within the kingdom lives and mundane as well. school is almost over for me this semester. then one summer school and a job. at least i know in advance.

                                  since this will be a bit of a drive, are there cabins at the location or do we need to bring a tent. all i have is mundane.

                                  hope to see all of you soon

                                  rose mcdade and matthew quinn

                                • Isolde Rosemont
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Apr 29 7:40 AM

                                    Spartanburg Event - June 12, 2010

                                    Attending:
                                    Geoffrey (event steward)
                                    Kastoff
                                    Christopher
                                    Isolde
                                    Batu
                                    Svana
                                    Rose
                                    Matthew

                                    Unable to attend:
                                    Tristan
                                    Elena

                                    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
                                    Princess Isolde

                                  • Isolde Rosemont
                                    Message 17 of 27 , May 3, 2010

                                      Batu - Can we get the event added to the calendar on the website?

                                      Geoffrey - can you get him the information on the event to be put up?

                                      thank you!
                                      Isolde
                                    • Isolde Rosemont
                                      Message 18 of 27 , May 13, 2010

                                        Hi...

                                        Can we get the event info posted and on the website??

                                        Thank you!!
                                        Isolde

                                      • darthsem@charter.net
                                        Message 19 of 27 , May 13, 2010
                                          I am working with the grounds crew to determine the layout, and the Dean is has not yet solidified my request for the facilities. The event will happen regardless of the grounds crew and the dean but the details will vary a little. I am waiting a couple more days so I can post the most accurate information. The event will happen in Spartanburg, SC on Sat. June 12th. There will be opportunities for combat and archery. That is all I have in stone so far.

                                          I apoligize for any inconvienience.

                                          Geoffrie