@)!) or better known as 2010! Reminders and updates

  • Christopher Colville
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2010
      First and foremost I personally would like to wish everyone a happy holiday season and a wonderful new year.

      With the horrible weather these past few weeks I hope everyone has stayed warm and cozy, and preparing for the next bout of snow, ice, and general cold.

      To all who fight!

      Please keep in mind that we will be shifting away from rattan swords in 2010 and going to the polyethelene swords.  The armor requirements for heavy combat are still identical to SCA standards with only the minor exceptions of full faced helms and swords.

      The Kingdom of Lyonnesse will still used rattan great weapons, padded or unpadded so long as they keep with the aesthetics of medievalism, and appear as a medieval weapon should.  Also we will still used RATTAN swords when hosting our SCA neighboring fighters who may come to our events as a courtesy and then introduce them to our polyethelene swords.

      To those who do Arts!

      Please send pictures of all your cool ideas for your kit and your current projects. Let's get excited about arts.  If you have any questions regarding the Arts or resources for your projects please contact our Ministry of Arts Officer Princess Isolde.

      To those who shoot!

      Archery is exciting and in the forefront of Lyonnesse activities and let's not 2010 do without it.  Sir Kastoff and Sir Batu have both been leaders in this area and if you have any questions regarding archery like  How do i get started?  where can i buy a bow?  what kind do you recommend?  etc.  please get intouch with these fine gentlemen.

      To those who look pretty!

      Sir Edmond :)     Please keep doing so and encourage others to wear and create their finest.

      In Service,

      Prince Christopher Colville