Re: Steam?

  • outis02
    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2013
      I have the Steam version, but it seems that it's basically KoDP wrapped in a Win98 emulator. Could never get it to work properly on 64bit Win7 and Win8.

      --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, Zachary Kline <zkline@...> wrote:

      > Hi George,
      > I'm not David, but I would point out that there is already a version available on Good Old Games, http://www.gog.com/gamecard/king_of_dragon_pass. This obviously isn't Steam, but should fulfill anyone's needs for digital download, if nothing else. An alternative might be nice, but I should think is hardly necessary at this point.
      > Yours,
      > Zack.
      > On Dec 3, 2012, at 5:29 PM, "George W. Harris" <gharris@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I don't know how hard it would be to get a version that's
      > > workable on these newfangled versions of Windows, but would
      > > distributing via Steam, Valve's online game hub, be feasible?
      > >
      > > http://store.steampowered.com/
      > >
      > > Not affiliated, just a happy user.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?
      > >
      > > George W. Harris gharris@...

    • outis02
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2013
        Oops, I meant I have the GOG version.

        I still think that KoDP is screaming for an HTML5 port.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2013
          On 15 May 2013, at 09:48, KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > I have the Steam version, but it seems that it's basically KoDP wrapped in a Win98 emulator. Could never get it to work properly on 64bit Win7 and Win8.

          I'm not sure what GOG did, but you should contact them (via their forums) because I think many people have succeeded with those configurations.

          > I still think that KoDP is screaming for an HTML5 port.

          Make us a proposal, we're always interested in licensing the game to someone who knows how to sell games on other platforms.

          David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: @KingDragonPass