Question about IOS version, exploration event

  • Peter Knutsen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2012
      Hi

      I bought the IOS version of KoDP some months ago, and have been playing if on and off. It's a very fun game, although sometimes a bit underdocumented. I'm learning, though.

      But one event bothers me. In many games, when exploring, I come across a cave full of scaly creatures that kill or injure horses. I can't seem to gain any benefit from this event, nor even to resolve it. The creatures keep re-occuring, even after I hire outsiders to cover the cave entrance up with stones, or have my Eurmal trickster sing the creatures away.

      So I'm basically asking for spoiler here, because it's a really annoying event. What to do?

      --
      Peter Knutsen
    • Bryan Thexton
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012
        Use all the options, keep at it, they generally go away eventually, but they are always a pain to get rid of.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2013
          I've always thought that event was made just to annoy players.

          I've played more than a hundred games, and I don't remember ever managing to get rid of it permanently.

          --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Thexton <bethexton@...> wrote:

          > Use all the options, keep at it, they generally go away eventually, but they are always a pain to get rid of.

        • Zachary Kline
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2013
            They will go away if you keep pushing them long enough. It takes a while, but doesn't really cost anything except frustration.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2013
              On 15 May 2013, at 09:48, KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com wrote:

              > I've played more than a hundred games, and I don't remember ever managing to get rid of it permanently.

              It's definitely possible to get rid of the rubble runner menace. From memory, this is one of the great majority of scenes where not only is there no right answer, but the results can depend on the skills of the leaders implementing your actions (as well as some luck).

              David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: @KingDragonPass