Savegame hacking redux

  • outis02
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
      Over the years, I've received several requests to repost my KoDP savegame editing template. Instead of replying individually, I've decided to just post it again. So here it is:

      http://pastebin.com/cqutscFx

      The file is made with and used on 010 Editor, but the basic structure can (probably) be used by most hex editors -- with some modification. Ignore all the SetColor() functions; that's just cosmetic.

      I encourage everyone who're interested to share your findings. I'm especially curious about the personality traits. Of course I trust that our game hacking should in no way affect the players who prefer to play games the orthodox (boring!) way.

      I myself have not touched KoDP for years; can't run it on my x64 Win7. Haven't gotten around to try the GOG update. Anyone's tested it?
    • Bryan Thexton
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
        Yup, I'm running the GoB version with no problems.  Haven't been playing very intently, but do have a clan just starting on tribe making, and so far I've hit no bugs.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2012
          Forgot the INC file. Here goes:

          http://pastebin.com/aBi5MCur

          And for those who have contacted me: sorry for not replying personally. I'd prefer to keep all discussion open so that others may participate and reference.

          --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, "outis02" <uly@...> wrote:

          > Over the years, I've received several requests to repost my KoDP savegame editing template. Instead of replying individually, I've decided to just post it again. So here it is:
          >
          > http://pastebin.com/cqutscFx
          >
          > The file is made with and used on 010 Editor, but the basic structure can (probably) be used by most hex editors -- with some modification. Ignore all the SetColor() functions; that's just cosmetic.
          >
          > I encourage everyone who're interested to share your findings. I'm especially curious about the personality traits. Of course I trust that our game hacking should in no way affect the players who prefer to play games the orthodox (boring!) way.
          >
          > I myself have not touched KoDP for years; can't run it on my x64 Win7. Haven't gotten around to try the GOG update. Anyone's tested it?

        • teddybound
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 14, 2012
            I've tried it out and it works beautifully.
            Your work is very detailed and I liked how you carefully uncovered every information in the savefile.
            I regret I won't be able to contribute in this area but it's great work!