Anyone playing 2.0?

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
      Wondered if any of the old-timers had spotted the new scenes.

      David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: @KingDragonPass
    • Michael Akinde
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
        Hi,

        Android Developer and user, so until it comes to us, sadly no.

        Though I did wonder whether I've seen the last screenshot on the
        Appstore before (female warrior holding a farmer aloft). Maybe I have,
        but at the moment it doesn't ring a bell.

        Regards,

        Michael A.

        On 09.10.2011 22:02, David Dunham wrote:
        > Wondered if any of the old-timers had spotted the new scenes.
        >
        > David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: @KingDragonPass

      • David Gadbois
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
          David Dunham wrote:
          > Wondered if any of the old-timers had spotted the new scenes.

          I hadn't played the game in nigh on a decade, so many of the scenes are only vaguely familiar. I don't recall at all the "please raid our clan so we can kill our mad chieftain" and the "let's ambush the Colymar king" scenes.

          I have finished one short game (1.0) and am in the pre-tribe stage of a long game (2.0). I've been enjoying it muchly.

          --David Gadbois
        • Guy Hoyle
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
            Is there a way to save a game and load it on this version? Not that I would
            use it to,you know, cheat.

            Guy

            --
            "Numberless wonders, terrible wonders walk the world, but none the match for
            man."

          • Zachary Kline
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
              Hi Guy,
              Use the Saga screen. You can do a one-way restore back to the end of any year from there, but lose all progress after the point you restore to.
              Best,
              Zack.
              On Oct 9, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Guy Hoyle wrote:

              > Is there a way to save a game and load it on this version? Not that I would
              > use it to,you know, cheat.
              >
              > Guy
              >
              > On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM, David Gadbois <gadbois@...> wrote:
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> David Dunham wrote:
              >>> Wondered if any of the old-timers had spotted the new scenes.
              >>
              >> I hadn't played the game in nigh on a decade, so many of the scenes are
              >> only vaguely familiar. I don't recall at all the "please raid our clan so we
              >> can kill our mad chieftain" and the "let's ambush the Colymar king" scenes.
              >>
              >> I have finished one short game (1.0) and am in the pre-tribe stage of a
              >> long game (2.0). I've been enjoying it muchly.
              >>
              >> --David Gadbois
              >>

              > --
              > "Numberless wonders, terrible wonders walk the world, but none the match for
              > man."
              > --Sophocles, *Antigone*

            • Guy Hoyle
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 9, 2011
                Thanks, Zack!

                Guy

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
                  Michael

                  > Android Developer and user, so until it comes to us, sadly no.

                  We're open to licensing :)

                  > Though I did wonder whether I've seen the last screenshot on the
                  > Appstore before (female warrior holding a farmer aloft). Maybe I have,
                  > but at the moment it doesn't ring a bell.

                  Probably few people have.

                  David

                  > I hadn't played the game in nigh on a decade, so many of the scenes are only vaguely familiar.

                  That's what I figured.

                  > I don't recall at all the "please raid our clan so we can kill our mad chieftain" and the "let's ambush the Colymar king" scenes.

                  Not new, but there are definitely scenes that don't come up every game.

                  > 1. Add some indication that the first action of the current season has been performed already. I often play for a while, get interrupted, and don't pick up the game for several days. It's hard to get re-oriented especially when an action does not leave an indicator in the saga.

                  Hmm, first time that's been requested. What's the context? As you know, screen real estate is tight, and it may be easier to add it to advice.

                  > 2. Have a report (maybe at the beginning of the year's saga?) of how magic was allocated. Same use case as for 1.

                  Advisors tell you about the more interesting allocations (War and Quests, frex). Is there another one that makes a difference?

                  David Dunham http://a-sharp.com Twitter: @KingDragonPass
                • Bryan Thexton
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011

                    ---- Actually, that was something I wished I could have had on the PC game.  Same issue, I'm going back to a saved game, do I have one or two actions left in StormSeason--I'm planning on doing a heroquest that will burn up one or two, but I'd like to make a sacrifice to the god first, do I have time left?  Or it is Sea Season, and I need to fix my crops but would also like to send out explorers so that they might make it back before I'm raided, do I have two actions left to do both?  Not game breaking, but annoying.

                    > 2. Have a report (maybe at the beginning of the year's saga?) of how magic was allocated. Same use case as for 1.

                    Advisors tell you about the more interesting allocations (War and Quests, frex). Is there another one that makes a difference?
                    -------Sometimes it is 'did we allocate any' and sometimes it is 'how much did we allocate?'  Did I pour all three points into diplomacy, because I really want to end this feud all of a sudden, but it is probably a waste of time and resources to try if I didn't max out diplomacy....  Again not game breaking, but a nice to have.  Some button, somewhere, that would let you flash back to your sacred time screen (with sliders locked) would be really handy.....but given the constraints of screen real estate, probably not a huge deal.

                  • David Gadbois
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 11, 2011
                      David Dunham wrote:

                      >> 1. Add some indication that the first action of the current season has been performed already. I often play for a while, get interrupted, and don't pick up the game for several days. It's hard to get re-oriented especially when an action does not leave an indicator in the saga.
                      >
                      > Hmm, first time that's been requested.

                      Well, the new mobility of the game makes a huge difference in how you play it. Rather than sitting at a computer for hours, I'm finding myself playing for a few minutes whenever I get a chance.

                      > What's the context?

                      Imagine coming back to the game in Sea or Fire season after not having played for a while. Did I burn the first action doing some non-saga impacting action like recruiting weaponthanes? Did I allocate magic to trade so I can send off a trade caravan? That sort of thing.

                      Bryan also gave some excellent examples that I +1.

                      > As you know, screen real estate is tight, and it may be easier to add it to advice.

                      Maybe some coloration or rotation of the motion wheel on the main screen?

                      >> 2. Have a report (maybe at the beginning of the year's saga?) of how magic was allocated. Same use case as for 1.
                      >
                      > Advisors tell you about the more interesting allocations (War and Quests, frex). Is there another one that makes a difference?

                      Trade and relations -- I generally won't send out caravans or emissaries if I haven't allocated points to them. Ditto for mysteries. It mostly makes a difference early in the game when magic is tight.

                      Worst case, I can restart the year if I have no idea what is going on. But that stinks if there was a fun and/or beneficial event.

                      Also, advisors are fine, but it is a pain to have to click through to a bunch of different screens to get re-oriented enough to make the decision about what to do next. If 30 seconds of my two minutes of play-time are taken up with getting re-oriented, that's not much fun.

                      --David