[KoDP] Re: Orlanthi Virtues

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
      And in King of Sartar and Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2010
        On 1 Jun 2010, at 06:05, KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > And in King of Sartar and Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes.

        True [King of Sartar was a primary reference for KoDP], but you shouldn't need any external sources.

        David Dunham A Sharp, LLC
        Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com
        Efficiency is intelligent laziness.
      • one_very_evil_person
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 4, 2010
          Thanks, now I have finished the tribe making heroquest and my reputation is near king.

          --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, David Dunham <david@...> wrote:

          > > How do you increase your reputation?
          >

          > Another approach: listen to the advice from the best politician on the clan ring.
          >
          > Remember that, as an Orlanthi clan, you're expected to behave according to Orlanthi virtues, not necessarily what you'd do in a typical wargame. (This should be spelled out in the manual.)
          >
          > David Dunham A Sharp, LLC
          > Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com
          > "People seem to misinterpret complexity as sophistication" -- Niklaus Wirth

        • one_very_evil_person
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 6, 2010
            Do you people still play this game?If yes why if you finished it before?I am near king reputation since 3 seasons ago, had king reputation before with making of the ST heroquest done but nothing happens!What do I need to do next?I really want to see how it is to rule a tribe.

            --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, "one_very_evil_person" <one_very_evil_person@...> wrote:

            > Thanks, now I have finished the tribe making heroquest and my reputation is near king.
            >
            > --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, David Dunham <david@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > How do you increase your reputation?
            > >

            > > Another approach: listen to the advice from the best politician on the clan ring.
            > >
            > > Remember that, as an Orlanthi clan, you're expected to behave according to Orlanthi virtues, not necessarily what you'd do in a typical wargame. (This should be spelled out in the manual.)
            > >
            > > David Dunham A Sharp, LLC
            > > Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com
            > > "People seem to misinterpret complexity as sophistication" -- Niklaus Wirth

          • Bryan Thexton
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 7, 2010
              What Jeff said, and also....having a near top reputation is just one requirement.

              And to be clear, are you in a tribe, waiting to become king?  Or are you not yet in a tribe, waiting for tribe making?  In the former case you have to wait for the old king to die or step down and try to get one of your own elected as king.  In the latter case you are waiting for the appearance of the blind prophet*

              Both events have a random factor in the timing....they'll happen not TOO long after your reputation gets to the right point generally, but there is variation in how long.  While you are waiting, build up your herds and your gold (and even your treasures).  Both tribe making and getting elected king tend to be expensive!

              * I have vague memory that occasionally you can do it without a visit from the blind prophet.  If I recall correctly, with reputation high enough, if you settle a feud with another clan (with a diplomatic mission, not a heroquest), once it is settled, you'll have an option to talk about tribe making with them.  But to succeed at this you usually need to be VERY generous, to take them all the way from feuding to willing to talk tribe, and start with a clan with whom the feud is not very serious (you've not been raiding each other regularly, etc).

              Good luck and be patient!