No further updates regarding figuring out game mechanics?

  • gbiansg
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
      Well the guy who was hacking into save game files appears to have dissapeared...

      And i suppose no one has managed to figure out much more about the game mechanics?

      Its unfortunate because the game has so little info both in and outside of it. Some of my biggest gripes :

      -Certain event choices seem purely random, e.g. getting windlords to help against ice demons, sometimes fails, sometimes suceeds, and i cant figure out what, if anything, affects it other than a random dice roll.

      -Certain events never seem to suceed(that guy who wants your help to do a hero quest to bring peace or something, he always seems to fail)

      -Lots of treasures with incredibly vauge descriptions.

      -Game bugs like a clan being too far away for you to raid and no way to "get closer" as it were(nevermind that theres this huge open space between that you can send out settlers to...oh wait theres no such option)...and the best part is they can raid you despite you nto being able to raid them.

      -Heroquests, random failing on no fault of your part

      I just feel the game would be more fun if you could UNDERSTAND some of the stuff going on.

      Some of the biggest questions i have :

      -Is it possible to get the ducks in your tribe...? They dont seem to be useful for anything except "raid them!" followed by "instant death"

      -Are dwarves useful for...anything at all...?Aside from one random trade event, finding the dwarves do not appear to unlock anything except another race capable of causing instant death.

      -Why can NPC tribal kings declare war on enemy races(beastmen, dragon newts, etc) but yours cant?

      -If you are in a tribe, do you still die if one of the enemy races pull the instant death event? Or does your tribe fight it out? I was hoping the latter...would be better than "oh look you died, your tribe didnt care"

      -What is the point of the shaman prophecies event? It never seems to do anything, the prophecies are always false(as stated by one of your advisors), you can never find the shaman, etc, etc.

      -Can you actually find a permanent wife for the ugly man event?

      -Is there any point to giving the quivin mountains wyrm food? It just says that it wont forget us, but nothing happens.
    • outis02
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
        No, I haven't dissappeared. It's just that there isn't a whole lot of activity in this group. I've made some further progress on parsing the savefile, namely some more stuff on tribes and figuring out a few more character traits. But I didn't think them to be significant enough to warrent reposting the new files. As always, I'm happy to share should anyone ask for them.

        As for game mechanics, I'm sorry to say that most of these mechanics cannot be revealed by savegame hacking. Savegame data is essentially static, and it doesn't show you how the game interact and arrive with these data.

        Oh, and there should be a HUGE SPOILER TAG HERE.

        > -Certain event choices seem purely random, e.g. getting windlords to help against ice demons, sometimes fails, sometimes suceeds, and i cant figure out what, if anything, affects it other than a random dice roll.

        Yes, there's a lot of randomness in KoDP. There are probably many factors that effect the likelihood of any event outcome, but I suspect that pure randomness ultimately plays a relatively huge role. There are of course two treasures that amplify or diminish the effect of randomness in the game.

        > -Certain events never seem to suceed(that guy who wants your help to do a hero quest to bring peace or something, he always seems to fail)

        Not sure which guy you're talking about, but yes some choices do have a 100% failure rate.

        > -Lots of treasures with incredibly vauge descriptions.

        Go look for treasure lists online. Of course there are also a lot of treasures that are probably just dead weight in terms of game mechanics. These treasures tend to have "vague" descriptions.

        > -Game bugs like a clan being too far away for you to raid and no way to "get closer" as it were(nevermind that theres this huge open space between that you can send out settlers to...oh wait theres no such option)...and the best part is they can raid you despite you nto being able to raid them.

        Whether a clan is close or far from you seems to be determined from gamestart. The "near" area roughly correspond to the upper-central portion of the inhabitable Dragon Pass, but not exactly.

        > -Heroquests, random failing on no fault of your part

        Yes, but they do say that HQ is inherently dangerous.

        > I just feel the game would be more fun if you could UNDERSTAND some of the stuff going on.

        I agree, but for everyone of us who want to understand better, there are probably 5 more who prefer not to.

        > -Is it possible to get the ducks in your tribe...? They dont seem to be useful for anything except "raid them!" followed by "instant death"

        As far as I know, No, ducks can't join your tribe. The best you can do is to have them enter a "special alliance" with your tribe.

        Oh, on the subject of ducks. Someone, who had received a code snipet from A#, had mention that there is a "duck clan attitude" character trade. I've tried to test this several ways, but can never confirm this. I would really appreciate it if I could get to see the code myself.

        > -Are dwarves useful for...anything at all...?Aside from one random trade event, finding the dwarves do not appear to unlock anything except another race capable of causing instant death.

        Pretty much it.

        > -Why can NPC tribal kings declare war on enemy races(beastmen, dragon newts, etc) but yours cant?

        You can declare war on certain races in some events.

        > -If you are in a tribe, do you still die if one of the enemy races pull the instant death event? Or does your tribe fight it out? I was hoping the latter...would be better than "oh look you died, your tribe didnt care"

        I'm not sure, but I thought in either case you had the choice of struggling on if your clan is not completely wiped out.

        > -What is the point of the shaman prophecies event? It never seems to do anything, the prophecies are always false(as stated by one of your advisors), you can never find the shaman, etc, etc.

        No point as far as I know. I never bothered with them.

        > -Can you actually find a permanent wife for the ugly man event?

        No.

        > -Is there any point to giving the quivin mountains wyrm food? It just says that it wont forget us, but nothing happens.

        It probably improves dragonewt relations, but otherwise no idea.
      • Edward Bornstein
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 6, 2010
          > Oh, and there should be a HUGE SPOILER TAG HERE.

          [snip]

          > Whether a clan is close or far from you seems to be determined from
          > gamestart. The "near" area roughly correspond to the upper-central
          > portion of the inhabitable Dragon Pass, but not exactly.
          >
          >> -Heroquests, random failing on no fault of your part
          >
          > Yes, but they do say that HQ is inherently dangerous.

          The thing I wonder about is when you get lost on the godplane. Is it
          possible to get back on track on the original quest? Or at that point are
          the only possibilities getting out with an unrelated goodie, getting out
          without anything, or not getting out at all?
        • gbiansg
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
            As far as i can tell if you get lost on the godplane your best bet is to get out safely.

            Now i know theres a heroquest where if you get lost, you can try to trade for a treasure from some godsmith...but i never managed to get it to work.

            Some other stuff i was wodnering :

            -Black horse troop, 40+ years since i encountered them, invited them, and they still are not showing up in my tula. I know theres an option to send weaponthanes off to train with them, is it possible to get any benefit out of this? It seems they just die all the time.

            -Theres a holy warrior who comes to ask you to support him in performing a heroquest to unite dragon pass because orlanthi are fighting orlanthi. Has anyone managed to get this one to suceed, at all?

            -Im giving an outrageous amount of gifts to enemy clans that are not feuding with me...(i find it odd that they WONT feud with me actually). They toast my gifts, but their clan name color stays the same, and as far as i can tell the relationship doesnt improve at all. Bug?

            -Beastmen valley, is there any point to this place? I did manage to get a "befriend beastmen community" event once, but the rest are simply "minotaur rape".

            -Is there any truth to the rumour that vingans/odalaya make better explroers?

            -Sometimes when you force an enemy clan off their tula, they resettle somewhere far away enough(not adjacent to your tula). They can raid you but you cant raid them back. Its a very annoying bug since you cant do anything about them.

            -Where on the map are the horse spawn? Praxians, etc are clearly labeled, but the horse spawn...?

            -Are enemy casualties in battles tracked for stuff like horse spawn attacks?

            -Has anyone managed to get any of the trainers to work? Despite supposedly being for 1.7, they do absolutely nothing for me.

            -Vingans can apparently sub for Orlanthi in Orlanthi hero quests, are there any other deities that can sub for otehr deities?

            -What can you get from exploring the dragon newt wildlands? I know you can get the silver dragon statue(first event), and theres a random event for another treasure, but the rest seems to be "random loot" that pisses off an instant death race.

            -Barley, wheat, rye, whats the difference really?

            -Sheep, how am i supposed to increase their size? You cant actually steal them or anything. Oh and for some reason during sacred time overview, when i mouse over pastures it keeps saying my herds are overcrowded and malnourished, which is silly because i have more than double the pasture amount that my advisors are recommending...probably another bug...

            -Another possible bug, my carls wont go above discontented. Admittedly i am "breaking" the game by trying to stay as large pop size as possible, which basically means giving gifts everytime you get the "our noble houses arent on the ring" event.

            --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Bornstein" <button@...> wrote:

            > > Oh, and there should be a HUGE SPOILER TAG HERE.
            >
            > [snip]
            >
            > > Whether a clan is close or far from you seems to be determined from
            > > gamestart. The "near" area roughly correspond to the upper-central
            > > portion of the inhabitable Dragon Pass, but not exactly.
            > >
            > >> -Heroquests, random failing on no fault of your part
            > >
            > > Yes, but they do say that HQ is inherently dangerous.
            >
            > The thing I wonder about is when you get lost on the godplane. Is it
            > possible to get back on track on the original quest? Or at that point are
            > the only possibilities getting out with an unrelated goodie, getting out
            > without anything, or not getting out at all?

          • Bryan Thexton
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
              My responses inline, marked as:

                      * (response)

              --- On Thu, 1/7/10, gbiansg <question2005@...> wrote:

              Now i know theres a heroquest where if you get lost, you can try to trade for a treasure from some godsmith...but i never managed to get it to work.

                    * I _think_ the only treasure you can get is the wheel, and I think the odds of getting it are better with an Issaries quester (or maybe someone with good bargaining?)

              Some other stuff i was wodnering :

              -Theres a holy warrior who comes to ask you to support him in performing a heroquest to unite dragon pass because orlanthi are fighting orlanthi. Has anyone managed to get this one to suceed, at all?         *  This shows you that there are limits even to heroquests :)

              -Beastmen valley, is there any point to this place? I did manage to get a "befriend beastmen community" event once, but the rest are simply "minotaur rape".         *  I think the point is that the beastmen are too tough, you can't take that territory.  Also a good way to get rid of an unwanted noble :)

              -Is there any truth to the rumour that vingans/odalaya make better explroers?         *  I think it said so in the manual (actually that Vingans and Issarians were the best, Odaylans second, everyone else third).    So I'd at least say 'rumour' rather than 'myth'......but it is certainly not the only factor that matters.

              -Sometimes when you force an enemy clan off their tula, they resettle somewhere far away enough(not adjacent to your tula). They can raid you but you cant raid them back. Its a very annoying bug since you cant do anything about them.       *  I've never found myself unable to raid someone....cattle raids only work on nearby clans, and sometimes far ones you have to cross another clan lands, but unable to raid at all--really?

              -Where on the map are the horse spawn? Praxians, etc are clearly labeled, but the horse spawn...?        * In the areas where your explorers encounter them, of course!  Roughly: west of Kero Finn.

              -Has anyone managed to get any of the trainers to work? Despite supposedly being for 1.7, they do absolutely nothing for me.         * what trainers?

              -What can you get from exploring the dragon newt wildlands? I know you can get the silver dragon statue(first event), and theres a random event for another treasure, but the rest seems to be "random loot" that pisses off an instant death race.         * my experience matches yours here.  Mostly I avoid it, after the statue.

              -Barley, wheat, rye, whats the difference really?         * Wheat and barley both yield higher than Rye normally, in a good crop year wheat yields especially well.  In a poor crop year Rye is not as effected.  Try adjusting the crop mixture while looking at the forecasted crop in the farming screen, you can actually see the crop forecast change.  But this effect is fairly minor.

              -Sheep, how am i supposed to increase their size? You cant actually steal them or anything. Oh and for some reason during sacred time overview, when i mouse over pastures it keeps saying my herds are overcrowded and malnourished, which is silly because i have more than double the pasture amount that my advisors are recommending. ..probably another bug...         * I _think_ that when you do the Ernalda heroquest, that its general benefit helps all of your herds somewhat.  At least, when I've run Ernaldan clans that do her quest a lot, I've ended up with more sheep.  I wonder if the specific benefit to improve the health of your cattle (from Ernalda) might also help sheep too, but not sure.  Save file hacking might figure this one out!

            • Michael Akinde
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
                > -Sheep, how am i supposed to increase their size? You cant actually steal them or anything. Oh and for some reason during sacred time overview, when i mouse over pastures it keeps saying my herds are overcrowded and malnourished, which is silly because i have more than double the pasture amount that my advisors are recommending...probably another bug..
                If you're low on sheep, your warriors will steal sheep during cattle
                raids and raids. IIRC, you will also trade for sheep in trading missions
                if your stock of sheep is low. Absent bad events, it is easy enough to
                get huge sheep herds by using lots of herd magic (and leaders with the
                animal skill), being careful not to build too many temples too early,
                and having large pastures. And of course - never slaughter your sheep.

                The pasture recommended by the advisors is very wrong; don't trust it.
                It's a known bug, I believe.

                Regards,

                Michael A
              • Bryan Thexton
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
                  Yah, ditto on herd's magic and leader with high animal skill....about the pasture: the bigger your herds the worse the estimate, and if you have the earth shakers it gets even more off.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
                    > -Black horse troop, 40+ years since i encountered them, invited them, and they still are not showing up in my tula. I know theres an option to send weaponthanes off to train with them, is it possible to get any benefit out of this? It seems they just die all the time.

                    **Yes, if you send troops to train with the black horse troop, they WILL die. There is no positive outcome from this option.

                    > -Theres a holy warrior who comes to ask you to support him in performing a heroquest to unite dragon pass because orlanthi are fighting orlanthi. Has anyone managed to get this one to suceed, at all?

                    **If you're referring to the Elmali that wants to fight Orlanth, then NO, there's no way he would succeed. Perhaps it just goes to show that Elmal are bound to be subservient to Orlanth.

                    > -Im giving an outrageous amount of gifts to enemy clans that are not feuding with me...(i find it odd that they WONT feud with me actually). They toast my gifts, but their clan name color stays the same, and as far as i can tell the relationship doesnt improve at all. Bug?

                    **What do you mean by "enemy clan"? How are they enemy if they aren't feuding with you? Anyway, the clan relations are rated from +100 to -100. How much you gain from giving gifts depend on the value of the gift and the skill of the emissary, but the most you can gain from one mission seems to be somewhere around +30. If you're doing something negative at the same time, the relation may never rise to friendly.

                    > -Beastmen valley, is there any point to this place? I did manage to get a "befriend beastmen community" event once, but the rest are simply "minotaur rape".
                    **There are three treasures to be had here.

                    > -Is there any truth to the rumour that vingans/odalaya make better explroers?
                    **No idea, and nearly impossible to test.

                    > -Sometimes when you force an enemy clan off their tula, they resettle somewhere far away enough(not adjacent to your tula). They can raid you but you cant raid them back. Its a very annoying bug since you cant do anything about them.

                    **I don't know how this works either. If you're in a tribe, you can raid anyone, but otherwise your targets are limited to "near" clans and feuds. Presumably the AI doesn't follow this rule.

                    > -Where on the map are the horse spawn? Praxians, etc are clearly labeled, but the horse spawn...?

                    **The southern half of the western map border.

                    > -Are enemy casualties in battles tracked for stuff like horse spawn attacks?

                    **Hmm, not sure, but I would think so. Casualties are tracked to a certain degree for clans, and the horse spawns are also a clan. This can be tested, but I haven't the time... If you want to do this I can send you the latest save file templates.

                    > -Has anyone managed to get any of the trainers to work? Despite supposedly being for 1.7, they do absolutely nothing for me.

                    **Never tried. Don't plan to.

                    > -Vingans can apparently sub for Orlanthi in Orlanthi hero quests, are there any other deities that can sub for otehr deities?

                    **No. Vingans are basically female versions of Orlanthi.

                    > -What can you get from exploring the dragon newt wildlands? I know you can get the silver dragon statue(first event), and theres a random event for another treasure, but the rest seems to be "random loot" that pisses off an instant death race.

                    **As with Beast Valley: three treasures. No other events, though.

                    > -Barley, wheat, rye, whats the difference really?

                    **Barley benefits from Ernaldan blessings, wheat adds to your trading attractiveness, and rye is bad-harvest-proof. At least that's what I've been lead to believe.

                    > -Sheep, how am i supposed to increase their size? You cant actually steal them or anything. Oh and for some reason during sacred time overview, when i mouse over pastures it keeps saying my herds are overcrowded and malnourished, which is silly because i have more than double the pasture amount that my advisors are recommending...probably another bug...

                    **Yes, sheep is quite problematic. If you have only a few shrines and temples, you need never worry about sheeps; the game will pretty much manage it for you. I've actually managed to build every single shrine/temple/great temple, without cheating, and sheep becomes a huge problem. The sheep you gain from raids is usually too few to make any difference. So outside of herd magic and ring member skills, there is basically no way you can influence your sheep flock.

                    As for sheep overcrowding: the pasture that your ring advises is only the land required to maintain the current flock. It does not take into account the pasture needed for the flock to grow, hence the overcrowding.

                    One thing that I'm quite puzzled about, though, is that it seems the sacred time report on sheep flock size is bugged. In several of my games, I've noticed that the report consistantly say that the flock is shrinking ("you have xxx less sheep"), even when the flock size is stable. I suspect that the report is always comparing the current post-shrine-sacrifice flock size to last year's pre-shrine-sacrifice flock size, hence it always comes up to a loss.

                    > -Another possible bug, my carls wont go above discontented. Admittedly i am "breaking" the game by trying to stay as large pop size as possible, which basically means giving gifts everytime you get the "our noble houses arent on the ring" event.

                    **Yes, the carls' mood can be quite fickle, but overcrowding is a pretty big negative factor. I'm not sure about this, but being short-handed also seems to negatively impact carls' mood. Even if you have enough thralls to make up the labour requirement, it seems not to mitigate the mood hit. So thrall-based economy isn't going to make the happiest clan.
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 7, 2010
                      >-Certain event choices seem purely random, e.g. getting windlords to
                      >help against ice demons, sometimes fails, sometimes suceeds, and i
                      >cant figure out what, if anything, affects it other than a random
                      >dice roll.

                      Almost all choices have a possibility to succeed or fail. This is
                      almost always based on the skills of your clan ring. The ice lords
                      might require a test against the best Leadership ability (I didn't
                      look that up so it could be something else). There are a lot of ways
                      you can get bonuses, such as treasures.

                      >-Heroquests, random failing on no fault of your part

                      Same thing. (If they always succeeded, the game would be broken.)

                      >-Is there any point to giving the quivin mountains wyrm food? It
                      >just says that it wont forget us, but nothing happens.

                      I didn't look it up, but it's entirely possible it lets the other
                      dragonfolk know about you.

                      >Go look for treasure lists online. Of course there are also a lot
                      >of treasures that are probably just dead weight in terms of game
                      >mechanics. These treasures tend to have "vague" descriptions.

                      No, vague descriptions are because it's hard to describe in world
                      terms some of the game mechanical effects. We had a giant task list,
                      and made sure that each treasure was actually implemented. (OK, I
                      think there might be one specific treasure that had no game effect by
                      design. But I think that's in the description.)

                      >Oh, on the subject of ducks. Someone, who had received a code
                      >snipet from A#, had mention that there is a "duck clan attitude"
                      >character trade. I've tried to test this several ways, but can
                      >never confirm this. I would really appreciate it if I could get to
                      >see the code myself.

                      All clans have an attitude toward the player. And all the non-human
                      groups (like dragons/dragonewts) are implemented as clans.
                      --

                      David Dunham A Sharp, LLC
                    • gbiansg
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 8, 2010
                        Im not a huge fan of super randomness i guess. If you do everything wrong, IMHO you should suceed rather than get screwed up by a bad roll of the dice. Its like neglecting all the work the player puts into doing everything right since they can fail anyway.

                        Sacred time indications certaintly seem bugged. Regarding the overcrowding pastures thing, how does one actually know how much pasture you actually need? I suppose there are no plans to fix the bug...

                        If im not wrong there are some traienrs on this site(and maybe one of the remaining fansites around). Usual stuff like editing food or whatever, although they dont seem to work for me.

                        What are the odds of getting one of the treasure events in dragon newt/beast valley?

                        Is it possible to steal a treasure from the dwarves when you find them?

                        In my game i keep getting exploring events that my explorers were attacked by another clan...but its an allied clan. How can they do this?

                        By "enemy clans" i meant clan names in pink, not yet feuding but pretty close.

                        I cant see how high population affects clan mood, unless it really is overcrowding(which isnt my case, since i have massive amounts of spare land and pretty much unlimited food at this point). I dont get why the carls are unhappy.

                        Under what circumstances can you resurrect someone via the chalana arroy ritual? I have never seen anyone show up as resurrectable, even nobles killed in battles.

                        What determines how much magic you get every year?
                      • Bryan Thexton
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 8, 2010
                          I think the odds of finding a treasure in a zone depends in part on the leader you send to explore there....higher relevent ratings increase the odds.  Send heroic bargainers to Tarsh, heroic fighters to the Stinking Forest, heroic magic types to Kero Finn (OK, not treasures there, but useful gifts), etc.

                          By denying the clan a chance to split up when it wants to do so, you make people unhappy.  Maybe you can buy their compliance with gifts, but it doesn't make them happy that they are in such a big group!

                        • gbiansg
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 8, 2010
                            When the prophet appears to give you the prophecy, what happens if you choose the "Ignore the prophecy" option? Do you get another chance to form the tribe later on?

                            Ive seen the event 3 times, delayed it twice and ignored it the 3rd time, can i still form the tribe?
                          • outis02
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 8, 2010
                              --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, "gbiansg" <question2005@...> wrote:

                              > Im not a huge fan of super randomness i guess. If you do everything wrong, IMHO you should suceed rather than get screwed up by a bad roll of the dice. Its like neglecting all the work the player puts into doing everything right since they can fail anyway.

                              Me neither. But KoDP does justify it amply.

                              > Sacred time indications certaintly seem bugged. Regarding the overcrowding pastures thing, how does one actually know how much pasture you actually need? I suppose there are no plans to fix the bug...

                              Yes, the sacred time reports seem quite unreliable overall. Come to think of it, the production projection and ring members' estimates are all fairly dodgy. I certainly hope DD gets around to fixing some of these issues.

                              > Is it possible to steal a treasure from the dwarves when you find them?

                              Voss Varainu Tapestry.

                              > In my game i keep getting exploring events that my explorers were attacked by another clan...but its an allied clan. How can they do this?

                              Happens to me, too. No idea why.

                              > Under what circumstances can you resurrect someone via the chalana arroy ritual? I have never seen anyone show up as resurrectable, even nobles killed in battles.

                              I think you need to have the noble killed on your tula. But no, I've never had it working either. And I tried. Oh how I tried.

                              > What determines how much magic you get every year?

                              Many factors, to the point that it may seem almost random. Treasures, omens, obedience to ancestors, etc.
                            • Bryan Thexton
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 8, 2010
                                One thing that increases magic for sure is great temples give you another point each year (one per great temple).  (this was in the manual I think)

                              • gbiansg
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 23, 2010
                                  Another thing : How the hell do you tell how much a clan likes you if you are ALLIED to them?

                                  There have been cases where you are allied(blue color) but the clan is actually pissed off at you for some reason or other, AND YOU HAVE NO WAY OF FINDING THIS OUT.

                                  Normally bright red = feud and the closer to bright red it is, the more the clan hates you, but with allies its permanent blue so you have no clue.

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 23, 2010
                                    More questions, hope David can answer them :

                                    -Is it actually possible for the marsh ducks to fail to beat back Delecti? In my experience, it doesnt seem to be so.

                                    -For the stolen horse event chain, is it possible for there to be ANY outcome other than the old woman stealing horse back, followed by one of your carls being killed, their stead burnt, etc?

                                    -Is it possible to find a wife for the ugly man?

                                    -When tusk raiders raid your land, is it possible to win if you send a war party after them?

                                    -Bargaining affects trading missions...does it also affect market profit?

                                    -I noticed that the default type of noble for diplomacy missions(giving gifts, asking for favors, etc) is bargainning. This seems odd to me. I am fairly sure the stat used is actually customs...can anyone confirm which is better?

                                    -If you have a tribe and piss off an elder race enough, does your tribe help you to fight them back or is it STILL "they came and you died"?

                                    -If you get lost during hero quests and get the event where the god's smith has the bronze bone, is there any way to get the bone? I only seem able to get the wheel.

                                    -Are there any negative effects for killing prisoners rather than ransomning them?

                                    -Aside from the horse spawn's golden horse, are there any treasures that you can get back when they die/are used up/etc?

                                    -There is an event when one of your carls(pretty sure its a carl) asks for you to take revenge against another clan because two of their thanes killed his father when they were younger. If you raid them and suceed, they come to ask you for wergild. Whats up with this? How can they ask you for wergild if their thanes were slain on the battlefield?

                                    -Has anyone got a list of what stats the hero quest's "Strengthen the quester" affects...? In particular, there are two orlanth HQs and two such options, and im not sure what differences there are. I know there is a primary stat and usually 1-2 secondary stat improvements for each HQ.

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jan 23, 2010
                                      Sometimes your advisor will also pop up with a random prophecy. Do these actually do anything...?

                                      The second one here seems to be referring to Saraska Bright Eyes, but thats scripted to fail...

                                      http://yfrog.com/i3kodp18j

                                      http://yfrog.com/iykodp15j

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jan 24, 2010
                                        True. But you'll just have to cope with it. It's an interface limitation.

                                        Or, of course, you can hack into your save file and find out everything for yourself.