Resurection never had an opportunity to use it.

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2009
      Hi

      I have a rule of playing a few hours of KoDP when I visit my folks for the weekend every six months or so. Amazing a 1999 game and it's still feels fresh to play it.

      With the CA resurection spirit magic I've never been prompted for it's use. In what situations can I use it as it would be handy to revive a clan elder whohas died say in battle.

      Cheers Chris
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2009
        Chris

        >With the CA resurection spirit magic I've never been prompted for it's use. In
        >what situations can I use it as it would be handy to revive a clan
        >elder whohas
        >died say in battle.

        The manual says

        Resurrection
        One of Chalana Arroy's amazing powers is the ability to restore the
        recently dead to life. The circumstances of death or the magical
        affiliation of the deceased can prevent this. Humakti, for example,
        are pledged to the god of Death, and can never be resurrected. Unlike
        more common sacrifices, Resurrection expends a great deal of the
        clan's magic.

        and

        Resurrection requires a relatively whole body that is still close to
        its severed spirit. If you're going to try to resurrect a dead
        leader, don't dally. Take the first chance you get or it will be too
        late.

        (FWIW, the code reads

        if (inTemple == bit_ChalanaArroy && inEffect == se_Resurrection) {
        p = this->ResurrectableLeader(inObjective);
        thePerson = this->Leader(p);
        gString = "Chalana Arroy brought ";
        gString += thePerson->Name();
        gString += "'s spirit back from the land of the dead!";
        COpal::Saga().Append(gString, COpal::Year());
        thePerson->SetState(CPerson::kAlive);
        thePerson->SetLocation(CPerson::kHome);

        so I'm pretty sure we implemented and tested this!)
        --

        David Dunham A Sharp, LLC
        Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2009
          > Hi
          >
          > I have a rule of playing a few hours of KoDP when I visit my folks for the
          > weekend every six months or so. Amazing a 1999 game and it's still feels
          > fresh to play it.
          >
          > With the CA resurection spirit magic I've never been prompted for it's
          > use. In what situations can I use it as it would be handy to revive a clan
          > elder whohas died say in battle.

          As I recall it, you don't get asked something like "Arkat was killed in
          the fighting, do you want to try to Resurrect him?"

          If you want to resurrect someone, on the very next turn go to the magic
          screen, pick Chalana Arroy, select the resurrection spell and it should
          show a picture of the recently dead person(s). Pick the one you want to
          try, allocate your sacrifice, and try it.

          Note: It's been a long time since I played, I may not be recalling the
          interface exactly right.
        • Bryan Thexton
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7, 2009
            I think I once used it on one of my own leaders, but I generally forget to try it.  Will have to give it a whirl!

            However once you have that blessing there is also an occasional event, where another clan will approach you, asking you to try and resurrect one of their fallen leaders.  I will consume a lot of your magic, and only seems to be around 50% on success (there may be factors that improve or hurt this, but its not happened to me often enough that I could tell you what those are).