is there any possibility to reset nobles ages?

  • tenchifew
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2008
      hallo,
      is there any possibility to reset nobles ages?
      the trainer from kayodeepeeans does not work for me.
    • Kaj Sotala
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2008
        On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:26 AM, tenchifew <ikari.gendo@...> wrote:
        > hallo,
        > is there any possibility to reset nobles ages?
        > the trainer from kayodeepeeans does not work for me.

        Not that I know of.

        But if you want to cheat, note that the game tests for death due to
        aging at the beginning of Sea season. If you want to avoid that fate,
        save during Sacred Time, and if your favorite noble dies, reload until
        they make it.
      • Bryan Thexton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
          Or, if it is not someone you need on your ring all the time, send them exploring in the second half of storm season, as if they are not there the game won't have them die.  One game I had storm bull with heroic combat and good other abilities, and for several years I sent him off with a strong party to Snake Pipe Hollow each year, and he'd come back victorious in the Spring (I also had sense and smite chaos blessings running)

          But no, unless you know how to hack the files, I don't know how you'd change noble age.  After all, rejuvanation is not common Gloranthan magic ;-)

          > is there any possibility to reset nobles ages?

          > the trainer from kayodeepeeans does not work for me.

          Not that I know of.

          But if you want to cheat, note that the game tests for death due to

          aging at the beginning of Sea season. If you want to avoid that fate,

          save during Sacred Time, and if your favorite noble dies, reload until

          they make it.

          __.

        • tenchifew
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008
            That rejuvanation not a common Gloranthan magic is, is a pity ;).

            Thank you for your answers and explanations.
            Does someone know how it would be possible to edit the noble ages in
            the save file? Since if i am about to cheat through saving/reloading i
            can as well do it the direct way, through editing.

            --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Thexton <bethexton@...>

            <ikari.gendo@ gmx.net> wrote:

            > > hallo,
            >
            > > is there any possibility to reset nobles ages?
            >
            > > the trainer from kayodeepeeans does not work for me.
            >

            > Not that I know of.
            >

            > But if you want to cheat, note that the game tests for death due to
            >
            > aging at the beginning of Sea season. If you want to avoid that fate,
            >
            > save during Sacred Time, and if your favorite noble dies, reload until
            >
            > they make it.
            >

            > __.

          • tenchifew
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2008