A list of all events

  • Andreas Davour
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 11, 2007
      Hi

      I have been thinking of using the KoDP as a framework for some other
      Gloranthan gaming, and since the events in KoDP is interesting I
      figured I could start with them happening in my game.

      Have anyone done a list of all (or an significant amount) the possible
      events in the game? I could start to play the game and just click
      through things and take notes, of course. But, if someone have already
      done that, or extracted them from the game or the developers it would
      save me some time.
    • Andreas Davour
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008
        --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Davour" <Koraq@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi

        I guess this list is kind od dead, eh?

        /a
      • Kaj Sotala
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008
          > --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Davour" <Koraq@...>
          > wrote:
          > I guess this list is kind od dead, eh?

          Sorta, yeah.

          Not all that surprising, considering how long ago the game came out.

          --
          http://www.saunalahti.fi/~tspro1/ | http://xuenay.livejournal.com/

          Organizations worth your time:
          http://www.singinst.org/ | http://www.crnano.org/ | http://lifeboat.com/
        • Bryan Thexton
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008
            --- Andreas Davour <Koraq@...> wrote:

            > --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Davour" <Koraq@...>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > I guess this list is kind od dead, eh?

            Well, the game is something like eight years old....gets hard to find
            new things to say, even for those of us who still play it!

            Having said that, I was playing it last night, and hit a fortunate bug
            that I've not seen before. We built a great temple to Issaries. The
            existing temple supported the Market and Silver-tongue blessings, but
            we knew all four.

            I gave the order to build, and the next thing that happened was we were
            attacked by the Horse Spawn. After the attack I went back to look at
            the temple, to make sure that the third blessing was Trading not Spare
            Grain (we were awash in food already)......and all four blessings were
            ticked. I played through a couple more years last night, and all four
            blessings are still there :-)

            I've never seen that happen before, but I'm not exactly complaining
            about it either.....

            Has anyone else ever had their temple support four blessings?

            --Bryan

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • Ian Borchardt
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008
              > > I guess this list is kind od dead, eh?
              >
              > Sorta, yeah.

              It still has the occasional burst of interest, especially when someone
              (re)discovers the game.

              --
              Ian Borchardt (iborchar@...)
              Philosoph, Fool, and Magician
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008
                Bryan

                >Well, the game is something like eight years old....gets hard to find
                >new things to say, even for those of us who still play it!

                Released October 1999.

                But sales continue to trickle in! I suppose we should make more of a
                point of directing new players to this list for help.
                --

                David Dunham A Sharp, LLC
                Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008
                  I regularly see the game come up in discussions of RPG/strategy games,
                  so even though it's old, it still has good buzz. And if others don't
                  mention it, I'm sure to. :-p Since the option to purchase the game has
                  become available again, I also usually mention people where they can get
                  it (many people believe that it is no longer purchaseable).

                  Being a developer of independent games myself, I enjoy doing a little
                  advertising for those independent efforts that I enjoy.

                  Regards,

                  Michael A.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 31, 2008
                    It is purchasable again? At the A=Sharp site? That is good to
                    know...might have to buy someone a copy.

                    --Bryan

                    Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                  • Kenrae
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
                      Yeah, many of us are listening, I guess ;).

                      I still play it from time to time, it's that good.
                    • donmoody@pro-ns.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
                        > I still play it from time to time, it's that good.

                        Same here.

                        DonMoody
                      • Meredith Dixon
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
                          On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:23:43 -0600 (CST), you wrote:

                          >> I still play it from time to time, it's that good.

                          I play it quite often actually. A few years ago I broke a finger and it was the
                          only really interesting game I could play on the computer with minimal typing and
                          mouse movement. I played it constantly for weeks, until my finger healed. The
                          dev team did a really wonderful job with minor text variations, which so rarely
                          make you feel that you've read the same text a million times before, even when you
                          have. :)

                          --
                          Meredith Dixon <dixonm@...>
                          Check out *Raven Days*: http://www.ravendays.org