i cant start the game

  • alex lui
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 20 3:18 AM
      I had installed the game
      but when i start the game ,
      it jumped out a warning `The version of the file "Enviro.r32" which contains version #1 of the modifier "Environment Modifier"from A Sharp must be in the mplugins folder. This folder can be found in the same folder as the mTropolis player."
      And then it jumped out one more warning "Failed to open document"
      What can i do ?How can i fixed the problem?
      Please help me..

      借過、一拍兩散、奇洛李維斯回信...
      全港最大手機下載中心
      http://mobile.yahoo.com.hk/

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22 10:37 AM
        >i am using windows xp Professional Version 2002 service pack 1,and
        >the version i cant tell you because
        >my gamedisk cracked and i just copied the whole disk into my
        >computer.i just run it form my computer

        It sounds sort of like your installed files have been corrupted
        (since you're running Windows, it may be a virus?).

        >and if i want to buy it again, what can i do? i am in japan...

        Registered users can get replacement items. Feel free to contact us
        at customer-support.
        --

        David Dunham A Sharp, LLC
        Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 24 6:51 PM
          Long time lurker, first time poster. I have played the game off and
          on for the last four years, and still it manages to surprise...

          My first successful long game on hard (save between sessions) had an
          absolutely nailbiting finish - I had survived the early turmoil
          which usually claims my clan on hard, and settled into the safe slow
          path to the end.

          The last heroquest I had had to do was several years earlier - the
          clan chiefs of my tribe voiced vigorous complaints about my king's
          long reign, but he managed to persuade them to think better of him,
          and I then had Kallyr quest MotST to prevent a rebellion (My heroic
          king - besides being NOT EXPENDABLE at this stage of the game - was
          Elmali). That worked.

          All seemed to be going swimmingly: peace made between the tribes,
          town under construction - bliss, really, marred only by rumblings
          of tribal discontent. This time, they couldn't be persuaded or
          bought off, and recalling that one of the other options split the
          tribe so finely that the tribe might then disband, I chose the only
          option I had not tried before: threatening to fight each and every
          one of them if necessary. It worked for Orlanth in the myth, so why
          not here? I just needed to buy time to do another MotST, right?

          My first clue that all was not well was when I had no option to
          quest to prevent a rebellion. I shrugged, quested to be a king-
          maker at the next convenient time, and figured it was another oddity
          in the code like the way dual god-talkers get double battle text and
          results when they use their combat magic. Two seasons later ominous
          music plays, the screen displays a picture of an *awful* lot of
          Orlanthi fighting, and I discover that the all the other clans in my
          tribe took me up on that offer to fight all of them at once.

          This leaves me with the option to cede the throne and write off this
          attempt to become King of Dragon Pass or fight with varying degrees
          of fanaticism before giving up. The ring gives no helpful advice,
          with everyone but Kallyr admitting it's all over - my king himself
          declared his willingness to step down rather than be known as 'Bad
          King Elmalandti'. My warleader Kallyr alone bucked the trend,
          advising that we fight to the death saying 'If we can win, our
          victory will be legendary'. Given that it was 5:1 odds, this took
          some imagination. Since I had already written the clan off as
          having successfully discovered yet *another* way to get my clan
          obliterated, and had no stomach for starting over after this time,
          the clan ring directed the Earthshakers to fight to the death.

          And they won.

          I had no more complaints from my tribemates before the coronation.

          "The other clans prepared to attack us and force Elmalandti to step
          down. We fought them. Sneering at the overwhelming odds, Elmalandti
          led our thundering warriors into battle. The rebels were smashed,
          the rival chieftains humiliated. After a day of battle, the
          surviving rebels bowed down before us, declaring that the king still
          maintained the full favor of Orlanth."

          Of course, this raises the unlikely possibility that, say, Ironhoof
          could be held off with some combination of the Raven Banner, an
          Elmali heroquest, and a ton of luck... Certainly, the mere dream of
          that possibility, be it a 1/10,000 chance, would make raiding the
          ducks a viable proposition.

          HC
        • Bryan Thexton
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 25 6:47 AM
            --- silenceinthought <silenceinthought@...> wrote:

            > Long time lurker, first time poster. I have played the game off and
            > on for the last four years, and still it manages to surprise...

            COOL! Thanks for the story :)

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Jeff Kyer
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 25 1:08 PM

              > Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 01:51:05 -0000
              > From: "silenceinthought" <silenceinthought@...>
              > Subject: And the game continues to astonish...
              >
              > Long time lurker, first time poster. I have played the game off and
              > on for the last four years, and still it manages to surprise...
              >
              > My first successful long game on hard (save between sessions) had an
              > absolutely nailbiting finish - I had survived the early turmoil
              > which usually claims my clan on hard, and settled into the safe slow
              > path to the end.

              Well done! I've never taken that particular path to perdition myself.

              Jeff

              --
              Flight to Peru - £1000
              Camping gear - £200

              There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
              there's Mastercard.
            • James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 25 3:12 PM
                >the clan ring directed the Earthshakers to fight to the death.
                >
                >And they won.
                >
                >I had no more complaints from my tribemates before the coronation.

                Two very big grins over that story, here. :) :)

                James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey
                jscm@...