Has anybody......

  • BEThexton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2003
      Have you ever split your tula with a new clan BEFORE tribe making?
      (either for an incoming clan or due to population growth?) If so,
      does the game let you negotiate with them when you are founding the
      tribe? If also so, what are their demands like? (yes, I had the
      opportunity to split my tula not long before tribe making, but it
      wasn't a sound move at the time.....something about a fox and being
      too militarily weak to easily seize more land.....).

      It wouldn't surprise me if the game doesn't allow this, seeing as in
      my current game after I seized the territory of a neighboring clan
      that we were feuding with, the claimed new territory right on my
      easter border--quite a long border between us. However the game
      doesn't recognize them as "close" for allowing cattle raiding, nor
      will it let us attempt to seize their new land (man was I disapointed
      by the latter, as it would have given us a bridge beyond a tribe mate
      to seize land from a clan that we had poor relations with already).

      --Bryan
    • Milos Rasic
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2003
        > Have you ever split your tula with a new clan BEFORE tribe making?
        > (either for an incoming clan or due to population growth?) If so,
        > does the game let you negotiate with them when you are founding the
        > tribe? If also so, what are their demands like? (yes, I had the
        > opportunity to split my tula not long before tribe making, but it
        > wasn't a sound move at the time.....something about a fox and being
        > too militarily weak to easily seize more land.....).

        Split tula? I split the clan many times but I never split the tula itself. The new clan always travels somewhere "not close" in game terms. Their attitude usually depends on the way you choose those who will leave. If you choose the worst troublemakers, they will not be very friendly with you in the future.
      • Meredith Dixon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2003
          On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:04:45 -0000, you wrote:

          >Have you ever split your tula with a new clan BEFORE tribe making?
          >(either for an incoming clan or due to population growth?) If so,
          >does the game let you negotiate with them when you are founding the
          >tribe?

          I've never split my tula before tribe-making began, but I've split it while we
          were in the middle of making a tribe. We were not given the option of
          negotiating with the new arrivals, which disappointed me, because they'd
          agreed to an alliance.

          --
          Meredith Dixon <dixonm@...>
          Check out *Raven Days*: http://www.ravendays.org
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2003
            Let's try that again, without [spam] in the subject line. Sorry, everybody.
            Bayesian spam filter.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 11, 2003
              Bryan

              > Have you ever split your tula with a new clan BEFORE tribe making?
              > (either for an incoming clan or due to population growth?) If so,
              > does the game let you negotiate with them when you are founding the
              > tribe?

              Sadly, it doesn't. It clearly can happen, but it's low-probability,
              and I suspect it never occurred to anyone.
              --

              David Dunham A Sharp david@...
              Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com