Weirdnesses

  • Kaj Sotala
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
      While playing the latest game, I noticed
      some minor weirdness in some of the
      events...

      >The Karandoli had burnt 2 steads before
      >we mustered our warriors. We rushed the
      >Karandoli formation while they were still
      >sacrificing to their gods.

      Am I the only one who thinks these two
      sentences do not fit together?

      >The famed poet Ordangmar of clan Greenwing
      >is your honored guest at a great feast.

      The only problem with this event is that
      we had no food and about 50 people had
      already died of hunger at this point. Guess
      he brought his own food with him?

      --------------
      AIM Xuenay / MSN Xuenay@... | http://www.saunalahti.fi/~tspro1/
      All law is codified revenge.
    • Alexander G. M. Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
        Kaj Sotala wrote on Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:34:39 +0300:
        > >The Karandoli had burnt 2 steads before
        > >we mustered our warriors. We rushed the
        > >Karandoli formation while they were still
        > >sacrificing to their gods.
        >
        > Am I the only one who thinks these two
        > sentences do not fit together?

        Perhaps they were so busy burning down houses that they got delayed in setting up their fighting formations?

        > >The famed poet Ordangmar of clan Greenwing
        > >is your honored guest at a great feast.
        >
        > The only problem with this event is that
        > we had no food and about 50 people had
        > already died of hunger at this point. Guess
        > he brought his own food with him?

        Could be. Even if it was just a hunk of bread and some cheese, it would appear to be a great feast to your starving clan.

        - Alex
      • chrilleub
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14, 2003
          --- In KingOfDragonPass@yahoogroups.com, "Kaj Sotala" <Tspro@N...> wrote:
          > While playing the latest game, I noticed
          > some minor weirdness in some of the
          > events...
          >
          > >The Karandoli had burnt 2 steads before
          > >we mustered our warriors. We rushed the
          > >Karandoli formation while they were still
          > >sacrificing to their gods.
          >
          > Am I the only one who thinks these two
          > sentences do not fit together?

          That actually makes perfect sense. The Karandoli attacks your village, the vanguard of the Karandoli reaches it and burns 2 steads while the major body of the Karandoli is waiting outside wondering where the fighters of your clan are.
          As your warriors assemble, the Karandoli vanguard notices that things are heating up - in more ways than one - and decide to leave the burning steads and rejoin the main body, who is now preparing for battle. They form up and start sacrificing, when your warriors, eager for revenge hits their formation with an angry charge.

          > >The famed poet Ordangmar of clan Greenwing
          > >is your honored guest at a great feast.
          >
          > The only problem with this event is that
          > we had no food and about 50 people had
          > already died of hunger at this point. Guess
          > he brought his own food with him?

          This one is much harder. Hmmm......
          Even if people die it does not mean that all the food is gone, just that those people had no food for too long. 50 died, but many survived. So because of the important guest, people contributed what little they had towards the great feast. People brought that Praxian wine they saved for a better day and that scrangy chicken they saved for a worse day. And all in all it seemed like a feast.
          (Did you know that in Vicksburg, which surrendered because the soldiers starved, the union soldiers found great stores of food? Source: McPherson: "Battle cry of freedom" pg. 636)