Leader Abilities

  • mitchmills2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
      Does anyone know whether improvement in the abilities of your nobles
      basically just depends on the passage of time (plus allocating Sacred
      Time magic to Heroism once that becomes an option, and of course as a
      benefit of Heroquesting and as the result of certain events) or if it
      is also affected by the activities undertaken by that noble?

      For example, do nobles on the Ring progress more quickly than other
      nobles? Does raiding every Fire Season improve the combat rating of
      your war leader (or all your nobles) more quickly than raiding every
      other Fire Season? Does sending a particular noble on trading or
      diplomacy missions or out exploring improve any of their abilities
      faster than nobles who stay at home?

      In my current game I have my best bargainer, an Issaries worshipper,
      on the Ring. I also have another Issaries worshipper whose bargaining
      skills are slightly lower but who has better leadership, magic, and
      combat skills than the first guy. I generally send the second guy out
      exploring, and often send him on trade and diplomatic missions as
      well, keeping the best bargainer home on the Ring to give advice and
      deal with situations requiring his skills. But I'm wondering if it
      would be better to send the first guy out instead if this would give
      him more chances to gain experience and improve his skills?

      Any thoughts?
    • Alexander G. M. Smith
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
        mitchmills2000 wrote on Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:08:09 -0000:
        > Does anyone know whether improvement in the abilities of
        > your nobles basically just depends on [...]
        >
        > Any thoughts?

        I assume A# based it on reality. So skills would go up
        with practice. And go down with old age (though pretending
        to be an old fool can help bargaining). Now ask yourself:
        does a stay-at-home noble get more bargaining practice than
        a wandering explorer? OK, a useless equivalent question,
        reminding me of various failed math proofs at school :-).

        - Alex
      • MikeGamer@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2002
          <PRE>Generally I believe the high profile assignments give your leaders more
          experience. Another way is to have the leader you want to improve hero quest
          on the quest which will improve that skill. That will improve the leader
          very rapidly.