KoDP/HW Skills Ratings

  • vingo_france
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2002
      Hi,

      What is the equivalence between KoDP Skill Ratings and HeroWars(/HQ)
      one ?
      Of course it could be also compared with RuneQuest stats with a
      percentile.
      I know all is ever a question of reference, it is always subjective.
      But in RuneQuest a mastery is 90% or/and 100%
      Comparison to HW gives 1Mastery is almost 5M.

      Then I suppose rate to be close to:
      Fair = 40% = 10
      Good = 65% = 1M
      Very Good = 90% = 5M
      Excellent = 115% = 1M2
      Renowned = 150% = ...
      Heroic = 200% or more = ...

      LMK your opinion, your scale.

      All the best
      "We do not have to judge someone on his high qualities,
      but on the way he knows to use them" (La Rochefoucauld)

      Will
      Paris, France.
    • Bryan Thexton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2002
        --- vingo_france <vingo@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > What is the equivalence between KoDP Skill Ratings
        > and HeroWars(/HQ)
        > one ?

        I would guess something like:
        Fair = 17
        Good = 3W
        Very Good = 10W
        Excellent = W2
        Renowned = 10W2
        Heroic = xW3

        But these are based on Barbarian Adventure baselines.
        If you look at what is implied in the original HW book
        most of these would be lower by probably 20% of the
        score or so.

        Of course, I assume in KoDP that the ability actually
        represents clusters of skills and associated magical
        knowledge in most cases, rather than a single skill.
        In which case scores might be somewhat lower.

        --Bryan

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
      • Graham Robinson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2002
          >What is the equivalence between KoDP Skill Ratings and HeroWars(/HQ)
          >one ?

          I'm working backwards, using the numbers we've settled on in my campaign.

          Heroic - 1W4
          Renowned - roughly, best in tribe - 1W3
          Excellent - roughly, best in clan - 10W2

          'Good' to me would seem to be 'basic competency', so around the 5W1 level.
          Leaving 'Very Good' in the high W1, and 'Fair' under that.

          I would expect most of this to depend largely on the numbers you use for
          your HW campaigns, though...

          Cheers,
          Graham

          --
          Graham Robinson
          graham@...

          Albion Software Engineering Ltd.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2002
            > Of course, I assume in KoDP that the ability actually
            > represents clusters of skills and associated magical
            > knowledge in most cases, rather than a single skill.

            KoDP does in fact have derived skills (e.g. a "Hunting" skill which
            is the composite of several others -- and if I recall correctly,
            factors in whether or not you're a worshipper of Odayla).

            And the "heroic" level occasionally has special meaning.
            --

            David Dunham A Sharp david@...
            Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com