Ancestors: Summon ancient enemies

  • vingo_france
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2002
      Everyone,

      Omens say that an ancestors sacrifice was needed this coming year.
      Also, as I have nothing to ask from them, I try to call former
      enemies.
      Nb: During the clan creation, I choose beastmen.

      A few season after, great number of beastmen raid us.
      Just before I had grown up my weaponthanes to look up on the tula.
      They warn us enough early to rally all our clan.

      I decide to put 4-5point of magic in the battle, sacrifice to both
      Orlanth and Humakt with aim "kill most as possible" and
      tactic "manoeuver" to catch them in a trap.
      The success was extremely strong: our kin near 0 and enemy warriors
      ~40 killed and ~90 injuried.
      A great success.

      Question1:
      How did impact the clan and more the tribe a success or victory
      versus former enemies ? What are the consequences ? Someone have an
      idea ?
      Question2:
      In my case, did this honor our ancestors correctly ?
      Is it the best way to sacrifice to our ancestors ?
      Question3:
      Did ancestors help us (a little) during the battle ?

      After a while, Duck Bearers ask for joining our tribe ???
      Even with the hate versus them, I ask for a price to ask the others
      for their request (our clan magic did not suffer neither grow).
      Asking: other clans laught a lot.
      Duck sincerely thank us by saying something like that:
      "Your heart is good, but aren't your tribe."

      Question4:
      As the duck ask us for joining our tribe (as a consequence of their
      previous defeat after we sacrificed to ancestors) ?
      Or else ?

      Question5:
      Has someone succeed a tribe with a Duck Bearer clan inside ?
      In my case, beastmen are my former enemies, it is really difficult ?
      Let Me Know

      Regards
      Will
      Paris, France.
    • Bryan Thexton
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2002
        --- vingo_france <vingo@...> wrote:
        > Everyone,
        >
        > Omens say that an ancestors sacrifice was needed
        > this coming year.
        > Also, as I have nothing to ask from them, I try to
        > call former
        > enemies.
        > Nb: During the clan creation, I choose beastmen.

        Perfectly good action to take. If you hadn't
        sacrificed to your ancestors appropriately you would
        have been told about it the next sacred time.

        > A few season after, great number of beastmen raid
        > us.

        As long as a few seasons? Wow, that is a long delay,
        but I've not really played with the beastmen as
        enemies, maybe it takes them longer to show up, or
        maybe it depends on the season you perform the
        sacrifice in.

        > The success was extremely strong: our kin near 0 and
        > enemy warriors
        > ~40 killed and ~90 injuried.
        > A great success.
        >
        > Question1:
        > How did impact the clan and more the tribe a success
        > or victory
        > versus former enemies ? What are the consequences ?
        > Someone have an
        > idea ?

        I believe it makes your clans folk happier. When
        France beats Germany or England in football, it
        doesn't really change anything....yet it makes the
        country happier for a while.

        The exact effects of beating your ancient enemy seems
        to vary a little by the enemy. When your enemy is the
        winter and you defeat the ice demons in combat, or
        your enemy is the water and you succesfully re-enact
        the battle of the beating waves (or whatever the exact
        name is), your clan magic will go up. When your enemy
        is the troll you seldom gain magic from defeating them
        (although perhaps having the iron spike helps?),
        however it helps keep people happy, and if you have
        the earthblood blessing it helps the crops. I'm not
        too sure about the results of beating the praxians or
        beast folk.

        > Question2:
        > In my case, did this honor our ancestors correctly ?
        Yes
        > Is it the best way to sacrifice to our ancestors ?
        Best? Depends on what you needed. If you didn't want
        information about the land or about curses, and you
        were strong enough to fight the beastfolk, then it was
        probably appropriate.

        > Question3:
        > Did ancestors help us (a little) during the battle ?

        I don't know if you get help when you do summons of
        evil or not. At least you get to fight them when you
        are ready, which has to help a little bit.

        > After a while, Duck Bearers ask for joining our
        > tribe ???
        >
        > Question4:
        > As the duck ask us for joining our tribe (as a
        > consequence of their
        > previous defeat after we sacrificed to ancestors) ?
        > Or else ?

        I would guess that this event doesn't look at who your
        ancient enemy is. You see this event with many
        different clan set-ups. What were the ducks' attitude
        towards you at the time (red? blue?). Perhaps if you
        hadn't been raiding them and had lots of diplomacy
        magic you were actually on good terms with them.

        > Question5:
        > Has someone succeed a tribe with a Duck Bearer clan
        > inside ?
        > In my case, beastmen are my former enemies, it is
        > really difficult ?
        > Let Me Know

        Most often I've gotten the ducks to join not as part
        of the tribe as such, but as something like an ally of
        the tribe. I think at least once I got them to join
        all the way (but I'm not positive about that).

        The only time I chose beastmen as my ancient enemy I
        was attacked by a huge force, my tula destroyed, most
        of the people (and ring members) killed or enslaved,
        and most of our livestock driven off. We disolved the
        clan after that. Therefore, I know nothing about what
        happens if you bring the ducks into the tribe when you
        are ancient enemies.

        Generally when tribe building I try to avoid clans
        that are enemies with our friends, and try hard to
        include clans that hate my enemies. There is a clan
        that hates the beastfolk, but I forget what their
        description is. Anyway, if they are in your tribe,
        your defeat of the beastment could have improved the
        tribe mood, I don't know.

        Have fun!

        --Bryan

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • vingo_france
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2002
          > Generally when tribe building I try to avoid clans
          > that are enemies with our friends, and try hard to
          > include clans that hate my enemies. There is a clan
          > that hates the beastfolk, but I forget what their
          > description is. Anyway, if they are in your tribe,
          > your defeat of the beastment could have improved the
          > tribe mood, I don't know.
          >
          > Have fun!
          >
          > --Bryan

          About my ancient enemies:
          I am not sure, it had little effect in my case for my tula.
          My clan mood is jubilant, unshakable and unshakable.
          My tribe mood is optimitic and does not grow after that.
          I believe our ancestors have been greatly honored and I won't need to
          do it again soon.
          About the broken alliance:
          But perhaps my King reputation will increase after I had been
          respected by our former allied tribe.
          I will verify the situation between us and my reputation king status.

          Thanks

          Will
          Paris, France.