SUPPORT EFFORT: Letters to peers in NY/DC

  • Kathryn Howard
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2001
      Hi --

      After reading several posts from this list, I'm impressed with all of
      your efforts, so I felt I had to make a request....I was wondering if
      any of you would be willing to write (email) a short note or drawing
      to someone who has the same life roles as you (perhaps 3rd grader,
      gardener, animal lover, mother?) in New York City or Washington to
      let them know that you're thinking about them since 9/11. I'm the
      coordinator for an international letter-writing campaign and we're
      trying to get people from all over the world of all ages to write to
      folks who share similar interests and occupations in NYC and DC. We'd
      love to get more letters from all over and you could help us get the
      word out.

      Even just a few lines would mean an awful lot. You can check our
      website(www.notes2nydc.com) for more detailed info, or email me at
      khatn@.... Or you can send a note to: Notes to New York and
      Washington, PO Box 23343, Rochester, NY 14692 (USA). We've gotten
      over 12,000 letters from over 75 US cities and 25 countries and hope
      to receive over 100,000 by next September. This is something that
      anyone of any age (from preschool to 92!), anywhere of any means can
      do to help people in NY and DC. Please think about writing or drawing
      pictures -- it can make a huge difference to someone in pain.

      Thanks for your consideration --

      Kathryn
      ---------
      Kathryn Howard
      Coordinator, Notes to New York and Washington: A Peer-Letter Writing
      Campaign
      Rochester, NY (USA)

      (716) 234-9414 - voicemail

      khatn@...
      notes2nydc@...

      www.notes2nydc.com

      "I no longer fear storms, for I am learning how to sail my own ship."
      Louisa May Alcott